No announcement yet.

Kayakers on Ice 2 Fishing Tournament, Jan 26th, Yankee Hill RESCHEDULED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll stop by there tomorrow morning before I go to work.
    " A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack." - Wang Chi

Comment

Thanks, Val! Be careful on that road.

Comment

Anyone planning on attending, please send me a PM with your team members.

You will receive the discount code for Dakota Lithium Batteries.

Comment

ICE REPORT

I just got a current ice report from my co-director thejollyroger and Fish365

boat ramp area, and old boat ramp are bad as usually. Going off the jetty, they found 3" to 3 1/2" of hard black ice.

Given the forecast for the next three days, we plan to go ahead with the tournament for Saturday.

We will be checking the ice conditions again Friday evening, and by the I expect to see 4 1/2".

Regardless of the conditions we have found, we still want our competitors to use caution. Use your spud bar, and always have your ice spikes.

​​​​​​​

Comment

Three inches of black ice this morning. The snow has improved traction on the road in as well. Two guys fishing - one in a tent by the spillway, a second in the channel by the drive in to the boat ramp

Comment

• Jthod
              Jthod commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank, Val!

When I was growing up the ice safety chart started at 2" for safe ice. This chart was updated many moons ago to 4" is the safe marker for ice activity's

For me, I used to do 2" but now will do 3".

Just be very careful and no group photos on the ice and I would encourage people to spread out as much as possibe.

Sorry I'm gonna miss it good luck everyone and keep an eye on everybody and be safe !

Comment

• Jthod
              Jthod commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, Andy.

From what Josh and Taylor found, with 3" of black ice, both said they felt comfortable on it.

Tonight should help even more.

Couple notes:

We will have Hawg Trough measuring boards available for purchase the morning of the tournament. $15 cash. I only have a small supply.

We a room reserved at the Denton Daily Double for after the tournament. Cold beer, keno, and the best burgers around. Only about 5 minutes from the lake. The room furthest to the east will be set aside for us.

Come hungry Saturday morning! Hurts Doughnuts is sending us a pile of food!

We are excited to get things started Saturday morning! I will be out tomorrow afternoon at some point to check ice, and hopefully harass a few fish.

Comment

Dont harass them all, save a few for the tournament. Will you be announcing the winners at the lake or at the Denton daily double?
              Teach a boy to fish and he will stay out of trouble for the rest of his life or until he gets married

Comment

We will be doing weigh in and prizes at the lake.

Comment

Will we just be saving pictures to our phones? or will we be using a submission app like tourneyX?

Comment

Save to phone or camera, and present them to us at "weigh-in"

Tourney-X has been a thought, but it also costs $5/angler

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Results?

I was hoping for a real time posting of catches as they came in. Now it's been 5 hours since close. Are you all still at the Double?

Comment

Originally posted by Val Didrichsons View Post
                          Results?

I was hoping for a real time posting of catches as they came in. Now it's been 5 hours since close. Are you all still at the Double?
                          I think 83.5 won it 73.5 to hit the top 5.

Comment

Finished with a strong 24.5"

Comment

Working...
                            X