• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! How’s the ice in there?

Comment

• NateWC
      NateWC commented
      Editing a comment
      The ice is however your spud bar says it is. I wouldn't go very far in the trees on any flooded-timber lake without a spud bar and some ice picks around my neck. It sounds like the ice to get out to the trees from the west shore (boat ramp area) has been good, though.

I would stay away from the bigger clusters of trees, unlees u do have a spud bar. I wear my life jacket with ice picks until i feel that its safe. Especially now with this new snow covering those sketchy spots. Good luck, and be safe!

Comment

fished wanahoo this weekend. ice was taped at 14" in the trees we fished. lowest ice we measured was 10". i punched holes all over and never found weak ice. still take precaution!!!!

Comment

Lost a spud bar out there yesterday, ice was ok everywhere I checked. I would not be going on without a bar with this snow on the ice.
        I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

Comment

just so happened to come across a spud bar under the snow today. describe it and its yours Deadhead Dave

the lake turned to crap water. couldnt even see my transducer in the hole. fishing was slooow today.

Comment

Thanks for the return of the spudbar randall3, never expected to see it again. Apparently there are still some good folks out there!
            I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

Comment

Originally posted by Deadhead Dave View Post
              Thanks for the return of the spudbar randall3, never expected to see it again. Apparently there are still some good folks out there!
              yep and a lot of them live right here in Nebraska! Glad you got your spudbar back!
              Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Wanahoo ice in the trees was mostly 15 inches with the previous scattered open areas water half that but still good. The area that was open water a couple days ago by the east fishing pier is thin ice. Spud bar went through with one easy hit.

Comment

• bigjigs
                  bigjigs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is the water clarity still good like it was before?

Seems to be ok today. Crushing gills and crappie so far!!

Comment

Comment

3rd bass today, 2 were 17 inches, other was 12. Awesome bite today!! Get out!! Click image for larger version

Name:	20180210_122944.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1192950

Comment

1st of 3 bass today. 20, 21, and 14 inches

Comment

Anybody use hot dogs on tip ups for pike? Gonna give a try on saturday. Ive seen a lot of videos, but never tried it.

Comment

• snowgoose100
                          snowgoose100 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          A buddy did a few weeks ago. He got some pike

• Steve81
                          Steve81 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          We did pretty often in North Dakota. Especially just before they made their spawning runs up the creeks. We would typically use smelt but would use hot dogs if we couldn't get our first choice.

Hot dogs eh? Might work! I catch a lot of kittyfish on hot dogs in summer though so you might get kittys instead of pike, but who knows!

Comment

Anyone have an idea on how the ice is going to look tomorrow in Omaha? Planning on picking up a new auger tomorrow if the ice is still fishable, which I would assume. Opinions?

Comment

Working...
                          X