X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat monger pig on ice!

Found some perch today!
    Found some perch today!

Congratulations! The only thing more annoying than the "self righteous catch and release/selective harvest types on a soapbox" are the "proud to kill everything that crosses my path and have to rub it in the faces of the pro catch and release types"... it must be a bummer to be so defensive and insecure that you needed to start a thread on a message board making fun of articles promoting conservation and ideas that are beneficial to fishing as a whole.

You guys miss the point completely... none of us care if you harvest fish. I harvest fish... but I also realize the importance of these resources and doing it in a smart and ethical manner depending on many different factors. That is what we are promoting... and for the life of me I can't understand why anyone thinks it's a bad thing.

Comment

• michael.magorian
      michael.magorian commented
      Editing a comment
      Hypocrisy is a vice that is very tough to forgive.

• Deadhead Dave
      Deadhead Dave commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems like a whole lot of posts harassing people for keeping legal fish if "none of us care if you harvest fish".

It's not a bad thing if people do it correctly. The problem is it doesn't work that way, people feel harassed, and then they don't post pics/reports anymore.

• ExSodak
      ExSodak commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah you missed something... not surprising with some of you "lack of reading comprehension" types who frequent this board though. I could care less if dude kept 8 or 15 or a possession limit of 30 perch in a couple days... and I state that clearly. I keep fish myself. I did think it was pretty lame that he needed to title his post as he did... poking at the recent articles Daryl posted that are trying to spread awareness about overharvesting. This isn't what happened here at all... but dude still had to be a smart a** because some of you are so defensive about keeping fish and the selective harvest arguement that you need to act like a child when you do it.
      Last edited by Forum Moderators; 01-16-2018, 10:36 AM.

Nice perch benson. Can’t wait to get some myself.

Comment

makes my mouth water

Comment

I may try walking on water one more time when it warms up a little if you tell me where, benson.
        Chubby

Comment

Nice batch of perch! Way to go!
          jim

Comment

I did throw the small ones back!
            This was a 200 acre lake on private property and I was the only one there.
            No danger of this one getting fished out!
            πŸ™‚

Comment

Ex.....how bout we let G@P set the limits and rules, abide by them, and not preach to those who are out there obeying the laws! G@P employees are university graduates, so they know much more about whats good and whats not. If there needs to be changes, they have the resources to make the decisions.

Comment

Amen. This forum has become a let's lynch the guys who keep a few fish. I think you taking 8 perch is more than acceptable. Enjoy them!!!
                Stub Hub!

Comment

Looks like the guy took a pic of a nice day on the ice!
                  Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Nice catch. Don't think taking 8 perch is going to wipe out the lake!
                    Enjoy the great taste!!!

Comment

Originally posted by glbenson View Post
                      I did throw the small ones back!
                      This was a 200 acre lake on private property and I was the only one there.
                      No danger of this one getting fished out!
                      πŸ™‚
                      Nebraska ?

Still wish " we " could experiment ( not really because I know it would work ) on stocking perch, small mouth , and walleye on certain lakes in Omaha.

Cunningham would be a prime testing plot for this.

Still too much tension between philosophies of the modern day C&R debate to the point that everything has become misconstrued. The blame has been well documented to point the fingers at the likes of anglers like me who were a little forceful in the past of " our " way of thinking. Bottom line : It is O.K. to keep fish. It is O.K. to release fish.

There is a great balance today of anglers that keep everything they catch, anglers that throw everything back, and everything in between that.
                      I am seeing more of " Everything in between " which is a good thing.

Nice to see some iced perch.

Comment

Oh baloney,

The meat mongers should hug every catch n release Nazi they meet. ( probably give them a foot massage, and some Cabela's gift certificates too)

Cause if it weren't for the guys releasing them, the mongers wouldn't have anything to fillet.

Peace and Love

Comment

What the heck are you doing in the ice fishing forum ?

Comment

looks like fun!

Comment

Working...
                            X