What's Hot Rn?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Hot Rn?

What are you finding o be the hot crappie and bluegill jigs right now?

A white glow demon.

Comment

Oh man by the name of this thread i thought we were gonna talk about hot nurses!! Get it? Hahajhaha!!!

Comment

Has depended on the day for me. Metallic tends to be good, as well as white, as well as pink. And some days, they're going to bite it no matter what color it is (or so it seems) while others, they're just going to look at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by OGCollard View Post
          Oh man by the name of this thread i thought we were gonna talk about hot nurses!! Get it? Hahajhaha!!!
          I was not sure what to expect. Just got my first smart phone about 4months ago. Not up on all the texty stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by NateWC View Post
            Has depended on the day for me. Metallic tends to be good, as well as white, as well as pink. And some days, they're going to bite it no matter what color it is (or so it seems) while others, they're just going to look at everything.
            So Nate have you gotten into some crappy? I have seen a couple but has been hit and miss.
            Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

A little no name bright orange tear drop jig tipped with waxies has been in use the entire season on the Bluegills and never come off because it has produced every time I have been out. I will usually pick up some Crappies on this rig, and if so I switch to a kastmaster tipped with a minnow head to focus more on the crappies until that bite quiets down. I tend to fish right on the edge of sharp drop offs for the Gills... and if I move out just a bit deeper from where the Gills are biting I can usually pick up exclusively Crappie and more Channel Cats than I have ever caught in my life through the ice.

Comment

These,

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?photoid=1001034.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	1190169

Sorry, could not resist.

Heading back to my bucket now. . . .

Daryl B.
                Attached Files
                Daryl Bauer
                Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
                Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
                daryl.bauer@nebraska.gov
                http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

Agree with Daryl in a way. It depends. I went to the same lake on Saturday and Sunday, two different but similar spots. First day, bluegill, Bass, and crappie took anything big or small. Day 2 they only seemed to want smaller (tiny) jigs early and then turned on better after about 3:00pm.
                  Mike - LaVista, NE

Comment

Originally posted by Jayomaha View Post
                    So Nate have you gotten into some crappy? I have seen a couple but has been hit and miss.
                    Keep it safe! JDL
                    Pretty hit and miss for me too, but I’ve really only been out when it’s so cold that I don’t put too much time into moving from spot to spot.

Comment

Been catching all of my crappie in jigging style minnows mostly at night. Sometimes the rattle works sometimes the silent model works. When the bite has been tougher, Swedish pimples with a minnow head. When it is really really tough been getting them on fiskas with atom nuggies or other plastics.

Color is always a find out and see approach but darker colors have been working better for me.

Bluegills have been fairly easy, pretty much anything. I really only fish for them when I get bored chasing bigger fish.

Comment

Working...
                      X