Refuge ice or open?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refuge ice or open?

Thinking about heading up to the Refuge but was wondering ice conditions. I checked the ice map and it shows as good ice but was just wondering before I make the drive up.

Sny help would be appreciated!

Talked to a guy Sunday that was fishing west end of Dewey and the ice split on them. May be some water running in there.? May be okay close to shore but thats a guess. I havent been there myself. I fished a private lake Sunday and I got along fine. Refuge lakes have more springs however. Bring PFD.

Comment

Ice is going quickly on the Sandhill lakes in this area. I would guess tomorrow afternoon will be about it for most of them around here. There are still lakes with 8-15 inches of ice but it is honeycombing by afternoon and very unstable.

Comment

Originally posted by TIP-1-ORV View Post
        Thinking about heading up to the Refuge but was wondering ice conditions. I checked the ice map and it shows as good ice but was just wondering before I make the drive up.

Any help would be appreciated!
        ALWAYS CHECK THE LAST POSTED ICE REPORT DATE for the latest ice update!
        Report Fish/Game Violations:
        1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

Still fishermen on the ice Thursday at Dewey and Hackberry!

Comment

Drove through the Valentine Refuge yesterday, you can still get on the water there if you can walk on liquid water.

Saturday was about the last day of ice there.

You shoulda been there.

Daryl B.
            Daryl Bauer
            Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
            Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
            daryl.bauer@nebraska.gov
            http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

Originally posted by whitetips View Post
              Drove through the Valentine Refuge yesterday, you can still get on the water there if you can walk on liquid water.

Saturday was about the last day of ice there.

You shoulda been there.

Daryl B.

Comment

Originally posted by swoab47 View Post

Swoab do you Kiss your Wife with that mouth? You need to learn to embrace the open water!:Clap:

Comment

I was there this past weekend, found 8-9" of good solid ice on one particular lake Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by QuackerTracker View Post

Swoab do you Kiss your Wife with that mouth? You need to learn to embrace the open water!:Clap:
                    I had made plans to go out there last weekend but chickened out.

Hence my sorrow!

I open water fished around home instead. Less than stellar, but better than sitting at home reading Internet forums.

Comment

Working...
                    X