Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bs1d3
    replied
    Probably going to pick one up today or tomorrow. I can't decide to go with the 30 or 35...Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Omaha
    replied
    Echo the above thoughts. Have a couple and will get more in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• snowgoose100
    replied
    I have switched from Shimano to Pflueger. Both are good but I really like the pflueger president.

Leave a comment:

• bs1d3
    replied
    Awesome info thanks alot guys, looks like a trip to scheels is in order..I bought a BPS tourney rod this year and hate it...It's actually broken twice in the three months I've had it, currently getting it replaced through Bass Pros warranty provider...Sounds like the Scheels rod might be the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• Herkybird
    replied
    I bought the President 6735 last spring on closeout. It was being replaced by the 6935. I really like the reel. The only thing that I did not like was even though the reel was brand new you could not order spare spools from Pflueger. I wanted at least one preferably two so I could have different weight lines and do a quick change. The folks at Pflueger referred me to Mikes Reel Repair in British Columbia. He only had one and backordered another one which took about 4 weeks to get. Other than that the reel works great! I have it mounted on a Shimano Voltaeus 7' rod which I have 3 of and like them alot as well.

Originally posted by bs1d3 View Post
    So my longtime Diawa reel finally bit the dust. I've been using a cheap browning ultralight the last couple months on a 10 year old 6' berklely lightning rod, but it dosen't have the strength to pull fish through weeds and structure.

Looking to get something new and have read a lot of good reviews on the Pflueger President reels, I was specifically looking at the 6935 model, just wondering if anybody has any experience with them. Any rod recommendations? I was thinking maybe a 6'6" medium ugly stik but not too sure. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• UncleJessie
    replied
    I just bought a president 30 class reel, I love it! As for the rod, you cant pass up the Scheels tournament rods that are on sale right now for $69. I have a medium 7 footer that I do about everything with (except for crappie) and it is an exceptional rod.

To top that, they have a lifetime warranty so you will never have to buy another rod regardless of how you break it. Their warranty program is unbeatable.

Leave a comment:

• Walleye_Guy
    replied
    For the price these reels are very hard to beat.

Leave a comment:

• swoab47
    replied
    They are good reels for the money. I own several.:2thumbsup:

Leave a comment:

• bs1d3
    started a topic Opinions Needed Pflueger President 6900 Series Reels

Pflueger President 6900 Series Reels

So my longtime Diawa reel finally bit the dust. I've been using a cheap browning ultralight the last couple months on a 10 year old 6' berklely lightning rod, but it dosen't have the strength to pull fish through weeds and structure.

Looking to get something new and have read a lot of good reviews on the Pflueger President reels, I was specifically looking at the 6935 model, just wondering if anybody has any experience with them. Any rod recommendations? I was thinking maybe a 6'6" medium ugly stik but not too sure. Thanks.
Working...
X