X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bradh
    started a topic Traveling Bucktail

Traveling Bucktail

Here is the deal. I'm handing off the lure to buglem for this weekend. After he catches fish and takes photos for the thread he hands it off to another forum member. We get to see how far this goes and what it catches. Just don't let it set in your tackle box unused for a month during the summer when another forum member could be using it and handing it off. If you want to be next in line just post to the thread. So far I've caught bass and pike with it in Nebraska and Minnesota. I also had a Musky follow it in Minnesota, just no strike or hookup. Don't worry if you have to cut the hook to get a fish off. I'd rather the hook be cut than loose a fish intended for release. I'll try to get some extra hooks tied up and handed off to whoever has the lure when I get them done. You'll just need split ring pliers handy to swap a new hook on. If you loose it no worries, I'll get a replacement made up ASAP, in fact I'll need one for myself once I hand this thing off. Lure weight is 3/4 oz. with a 4/0 treble and a #10 Colorado blade. It's light for it's size by design but it still casts plenty far. I pull it just under the surface over weeds, that's why I made it light for a #10 blade. I use a 7' heavy action rod with a 5600 ABU, 30 lb. braid and a single strand steel leader. Here are the pics I have from 4th of July weekend. Let's see where this thread leads.

• swoab47
    replied
    Shorty

I have not. I'm in Seward so let me know if you want to meet up one evening to hand it off.

Leave a comment:

• Shorty
    replied
    Swoab47, have you passed it on yet? I wouldn't mind trying it out on my pond one evening.

Leave a comment:

• swoab47
    replied
    Who's next?

Sadly I have had no time to use it this spring.

PM me your name and address and I will get it to you.

Maybe next year...

Leave a comment:

• WyoHunter
    replied
    I was interested for July of last year. I'm honestly not sure of my plans this year since I drew two Wyoming elk permits. Maybe an August trip... would love to catch a big trout on it. Good luck Swoaby- look forward to seeing some pics!

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied
    NEFGA's BRADH TRAVELING BUCKTAIL is back and...

... on its way to Swoaby at the end of the week- along with a simple log book showing its travels and (hopefully!) successes!

JKL , please consider making this a "sticky" again, and the control for who gets it next is passed back to YOU for future assignment!

Harold F.

Leave a comment:

• Fishingnerd33
    replied
    I'd love to take it to the refuge again this year but I think I'm going to lose my own lures this year! Ha!

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    commented on 's reply
    I'll design a special booklet for it.

• Jthod
    replied
    I don't. Maybe but a small pocket notebook that will if in a small box with the lure.

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied
    The first to successfully send me a PM with their MAILING address, will be the next user of the Brad H Traveling Bucktail.

Jdad, would you have an extra log book laying around? I thimk that is a GREAT addition to this Travelor! Or, maybe PM me a page and I can put one together.

H

I believe WyoHunter's request is for July. Plenty of time for a couple others to become users of the BradH Traveling Bucktail Lure!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BradH2.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1197132

Last edited by Harold; 03-17-2018, 05:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jthod
    replied
    I would say send it to the next person in line if possible.

Glad you were able to locate that one!

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied
    I'm not sure where we are at with the Traveling Lure, but did locate the Brad H lure (he said I "won"!) and it IS available if needed.

Actually Joe should take this and catch a Musky it was designed for since I struck out at Elwood and Oliver Reservoirs- a couple Muskie hangouts. HA!

Harold F.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=1009539&type=small.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.5 KB ID:	1197062

The three "flies" were designed by Fly-Boy-Wray and I was successful with one of them- a 34" Northern through the ice!

Harold F.
    Edit to add:
    (Of course, one could always wait for the lowering of the lake and just picking up the "lost lure"!)
    Last edited by Harold; 03-16-2018, 09:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jthod
    replied
    I PM'd him.

Leave a comment:

• WyoHunter
    replied
    Still waiting in line patiently.

Leave a comment:

• Jthod
    replied
    No Activity from @wgibson26 since 6-21-17