Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kirwin KS Tips?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Kirwin KS Tips?

    Heading there this weekend. Have never been there. Mainly going to target walleye and crappie. Any tips on where to fish, bait etc?

    #2
    Cranks and blade baits.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by snowgoose100 View Post
      Cranks and blade baits.
      Cranks,Blades? Got these last weekend on crank and blade.



      Comment


      • fish66
        fish66 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not at Kirwin!

      #4
      Merritt?.....Nice fish Slayerfish. The colors are amazing.

      Comment


        #5
        Was a tough weekend for fishing. Super hot on Saturday with no wind, then the big storm that night. Ended up with some wipers, crappie and drum.
        2 separate guys gave us plastics that they were using to help us catch fish. Very impressed with those Kansas fisherman taking the time to get us on some fish!

        Comment


          #6
          I have always noticed that also through a few decades. Great people. Now if you make the mistake of wearing a Nebraska National Championship T

          Comment


            #7
            Sorry said error, Nebraska National T shirt... but that is a different story...

            Comment


              #8
              Originally posted by EPBTracker View Post
              Merritt?.....Nice fish Slayerfish. The colors are amazing.
              That's a great ski, but it's not at Kirwin, we fish that lake a ton, my wife is from Kirwin, (some 60 some years ago) but it's a great lake!

              Comment


              • EPBTracker
                EPBTracker commented
                Editing a comment
                fish66....I sent you a PM.

              #9
              Originally posted by Danpo View Post
              Sorry said error, Nebraska National T shirt... but that is a different story...
              Having them see your NE license plates in the parking lot isn't good either. I about got goat-roped at Glen Elder in 2005.

              Comment


                #10
                Originally posted by Orca View Post

                Having them see your NE license plates in the parking lot isn't good either. I about got goat-roped at Glen Elder in 2005.
                Lol. Years back I didn’t realize what I had on. Back then I filled the T shirt out pretty well. 2 guys said, hey we don’t appreciate you wearing that here. My response was , I am amazed you even know what National Championship Football T shirt looks like! They walked off grumbling.

                Comment


                  #11
                  Put this on just for the KS trips

                  Comment


                    #12
                    I did have my Huskers T-shirt on. They were still friendly!

                    Comment


                      #13
                      Originally posted by Danpo View Post

                      Lol. Years back I didn’t realize what I had on. Back then I filled the T shirt out pretty well. 2 guys said, hey we don’t appreciate you wearing that here. My response was , I am amazed you even know what National Championship Football T shirt looks like! They walked off grumbling.
                      Ha! That day for me was a case study of how wind affects fishing. It was dead calm, miserable and 95 degrees. No fish from 7:00 AM-1:00 PM for anyone. There had to have been 75 boats. The wind came up and my brother and I started catching fish. That weird day ended with the freak show goat-ropers in the parking lot.

                      Comment


                        #14
                        Originally posted by Neblinc View Post
                        I did have my Huskers T-shirt on. They were still friendly!
                        We are not in Big 12 anymore and not kicking ass like back then

                        Comment


                          #15
                          The last year Ne was in Big 12 . I happened to be in Ks the night of the Ne/KSt game. People were running around wearing T shirts with pic of Eric Crouch’s head being twisted nearly backwards on the face mask that was not called that ended game. Don't remember year, but Bill Snyder finally beat Solich that year. They were proud of it. Taylor Martinez was still not crippled with ankle injury and Ne dominated. I hid my vehicle that night. Lol It is now different times.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X