Gavins Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gavins Point

Releases will be upped to 80,000cfs next week.
    It (upper Missouri river basin) will surpass 1997 as the second highest runoff ever.
    Those big females are fat for a reason.- Release them.
    " Bowfishing - Embrace The Slime "

Originally posted by whisker View Post
    Releases will be upped to 80,000cfs next week.
    And the Missouri is already over flood stage (or will be saturday)
    here in the Metro.

Comment

With paddlefish snagging coming up will you be able to snag from shore or is the water too high for that?

Comment

Last year was tough for folks. I believe a larger % of tags went unfilled last year. This year could be tough from the bank too. I may bring my boat as a backup option. Wish they were dialing it back not increasing flows right now.
        >*)))))><

Comment

I think this is going to get worse before it gets better. Corp has to try and evacuate as much water as possible before winter hits in the Dakotas. All the reservoirs are pretty close to brim full at the moment. Francis Case, Oahe and Sakakawea need to loose a lot of water and it just is not happening.

Comment

Not sure at the moment if North Point launch area near the dam face on Francis case is under water, but the docks were pulled the end of last week in preparation for such an event.

Comment

What were flows during October last year for comparison?

Comment

Originally posted by matt s View Post
                What were flows during October last year for comparison?
                We fished later in the month of October and 48,000 cfs was coming through

Comment

Originally posted by Enginesen View Post
                  We fished later in the month of October and 48,000 cfs was coming through
                  Wow, that's quite a difference then. I was there early in the month and really struggled with the currents. Glad I held off on the application this year.

Comment

If anyone is going this is what it’s currently like, doesn’t sound like it will let up any during snagging season

Comment

Going next week and kinda wish I wasn't after viewing the pictures.

Comment

• matt s
                        matt s commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not going to try the yak?

We called it off until next week. No the yak would not work and not even taking the Lund. Will fish from shore.

Comment

Buddy just sent me a picture of his 52.5, said very few others even fishing!

Comment

So...
                          Fishing is a dream so I dream often

Comment

People should just troll shad raps. The last time I was down there in June, I couldn't keep those pesky paddlefish off my line and caught some nice walleyes at the same time. Sorry in advance if this technique is against the law....I'm not familiar with the statutes.

Comment

Working...
                            X