2018 fishing totals..
    Crappie..60
    Bass..279
    ​​​Red ear sunfish..2
    channel cat..6
    saugeye..2

Dragons Custom Rods

Comment

What Hillbilly said. He’s repaired two of my rods and both have turned out great and have held up to my abuse.

Comment

I had him fix an eyelet on one of my rods about 5 years ago and its still holding up perfect!

Comment

Pretty easy to do it yourself, all you need is thread, epoxy, and new eyelets. There are lots of videos on rod building. With that said Dragons Custom Rods should have the right eyelets and set up for turning the rod and making it look really good. The key is getting the epoxy thickness to set evenly by turning the rod as the epoxy sets up, flexible rod builders epoxy takes its time setting. I have done a few and hand turned the rod while the epoxy set, they aren't pretty or perfect looking but the repairs are still holding up. A fly tying bobbin works great for wrapping the thread.

https://www.amazon.com/Flexcoat-Rod-.../dp/B00O2ICOS2
          Sometimes it's fun to just sit back and watch the circus.....

Comment

Sometimes it's fun to just sit back and watch the circus.....

Comment

Now if there was only a way to fix the top six inches on the rod I broke last week. Can't ethically claim a warranty replacement because it was my own fault. Four weeks old too...

I suppose with a new tip, I can pretend it's a 6'6" flipping stick.
              " A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack." - Wang Chi

Comment

I broke the top foot off my 8'6" rod and cut off another 1-inch or so and the other end slipped inside the hollow shaft. I then epoxied it inside an inch or so and then wrapped the outside with thread. Used it once and it seemed to work okay. Just a thought on your rod repair.

Comment

I have used a piece of stiff wire slid inside the two broken prices, aligned the pieces as perfect as possible, wrapped it with rod thread about 2” past the break in each direction and then coated it with a few thin coats of flex coat. It will never be the same, but it’s better than tossing it.
                  Mike - LaVista, NE

Comment

I can fix them if you're not in a huge hurry. Usually takes a week or better to get the parts.

I've got all the necessary equipment, and build rods fairly regularly.

I'm in Lincoln a couple days a week generally.

Comment

Is there any noticeable difference in a rod that has a replaced tip? Could it lose sensitivity or casting distance? The reason I ask is because I have a nice old school team Diawa worming and jigging rod that I would like to use but it lost the tip/eye. I put a new tip/eye on there but it is very loose. I was fishing a tourney with Shawn Holley and he lost two big bass in a row on a chug bug at Zorinsky and got mad and tossed it into the lake. He said if I snagged it I could have it. I have had the rod ever since, but have not used it. Now I think it would be a good rod to have in my arsenal.
                      ​Go Big Red!!

Comment

If I understand the looseness problem, heat it up carefully and see if it sticks. They use a high temp version of hot glue. If not, you can find the sticks in a few sporting goods departments.
                        Mike - LaVista, NE

Comment

I took an old Zebco with an eye missing to Wolf Tackle a few weeks back. He fixed it up just fine as far as I can tell, and it didn't cost much that I remember.

Comment

Have to second Wolf Tackle New rod tip under 5.00 and saved an expensive Boron rod. Worked hard up in Canada a week later.

Comment

Working...
                            X