NBAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NBAA

I am thinking about fishing some NBAA tournaments next season. I went to the Nebraska NBAA website to get some info. It looked like there are 3 divisions. So my questions are how do you know what division you are supposed to be in? Do you have to be a member of a club? Do you have to know people in order to get into a division?

The NBAA tournaments are team tournaments, I assume that you have partner that you will fish with. What division would you like to be in? The Big O division fishes around the Omaha area, Division 54 fishes around the Lincoln area, and Division 55 likes to travel and fish a weigh in format. For more information about each division and how much room they have for new teams I would contact the tournament directors in each division. You and your partner need to be paid NBAA members in order to fish in any of the divisions and pay an entry fee at the ramp for each tournament. My partner and I primarily fish Division 54, most of the Div. 54 tournaments are 3 hour Tuesday evening tournaments with a catch, measure, photograph, and release format. We did fish one Division 55 weigh in tournament this year and there are a few teams that fish in multiple divisions. The top 10 teams in each division are eligible to fish in NBAA Nationals the following year. At the end of the year the top team in each division is designated "Team of the Year", the TOYs in each division fish for a special side pot at NBAA Nationals the following year. My partner and I are the only Nebraska team that has ever won the NBAA National Team of the year award.
    Sometimes it's fun to just sit back and watch the circus.....

Comment

Here is what I know about the different divisions. Division 55 is a new division, looking at the results page it looks like there is quite a bit of room for new teams to fish in that division. Big O I don't know much about but I believe that it has quite a few teams that fish, some are NBAA members and most are not, the NBAA portion is a tournament held within the larger Big O tournament, I would get ahold of director for more information. Division 54 is close to capacity with an average of 18 boats per tournament, I can tell you that the parking lots at Yankee Hill and Wildwood can be a little crowded on a Tuesday evening getting boats in and out of the water. Division 54 will also have new directors next year so some things in Division 54 may change with the way it is run.

Comment

I appreciate the info. Makes sense now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
          The NBAA tournaments are team tournaments, I assume that you have partner that you will fish with. What division would you like to be in? The Big O division fishes around the Omaha area, Division 54 fishes around the Lincoln area, and Division 55 likes to travel and fish a weigh in format. For more information about each division and how much room they have for new teams I would contact the tournament directors in each division. You and your partner need to be paid NBAA members in order to fish in any of the divisions and pay an entry fee at the ramp for each tournament. My partner and I primarily fish Division 54, most of the Div. 54 tournaments are 3 hour Tuesday evening tournaments with a catch, measure, photograph, and release format. We did fish one Division 55 weigh in tournament this year and there are a few teams that fish in multiple divisions. The top 10 teams in each division are eligible to fish in NBAA Nationals the following year. At the end of the year the top team in each division is designated "Team of the Year", the TOYs in each division fish for a special side pot at NBAA Nationals the following year. My partner and I are the only Nebraska team that has ever won the NBAA National Team of the year award.
          Now I know not to fish in the division your in. 👍. Winning nationals is huge.

Comment

Originally posted by Fletch825 View Post

Now I know not to fish in the division your in. 👍. Winning nationals is huge.
            We actually won the side pot among just the teams that won their division, we finished 5th at Nationals that year but none of the teams ahead of us won their division the previous year. The NBAA sets aside 5 dollars from each tournament entry during the year for the TOY side pot, you have to win your division to be eligible for the National Team of the Year award at Nationals.

Comment

Working...
            X