Sherman fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sherman fishing

Was curios if anyone has been on Sherman lately? Was curios if walleye or white bass were biting good yet and what’s working, haven’t been there in a few weeks and was planning on going this weekend, thanks in advance

you won't be disappointed if you go!

Comment

Was there last Friday and had good luck on whites. Didn't fish for walleye but I think they are available if you want to fish for them. Hardly any boats and water is still pretty high as not much draw down. A good time to fish on the lake.

Comment

How did you do?

Comment

Caught a bunch of white bass and a few crappie, wife lost a nice keeper walleye

Comment

Originally posted by Dchusker View Post
            Caught a bunch of white bass and a few crappie, wife lost a nice keeper walleye
            Are the W Bass decent size there?

Comment

Originally posted by Danpo View Post

Are the W Bass decent size there?
              Sherman Reservoir Sampling Summary

Daryl B.
              Daryl Bauer
              Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
              Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
              [email protected]
              http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

Originally posted by whitetips View Post
                But what I meant was size of what they are catching not sampling

Comment

I am probably done for the year anyway on my northern Minnesota trip, a drunken Dock boy crashed into my motor and back of trailer with his pick up truck. By the time I get done fighting with his insurance it will be Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by Danpo View Post

But what I meant was size of what they are catching not sampling
                    And that is what is there that you could catch!

Daryl B.
                    Daryl Bauer
                    Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
                    Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
                    [email protected]
                    http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

I think I already admitted in another post, I am the world’s worst Fisherman…

Comment

You could catch a master angler walleye every time you go to McConaughey. You could catch a limit of walleyes every time you go to McConahay. But does everyone. No. There are different classes of white bass agreed? Sometimes it seems like just the smaller class is biting the large ones are not.

Comment

Most of the white bass we caught a couple weeks ago were 12-14 inches

Comment

Everything we caught was above 13 in, only had one that was around 10 inches, then had a few in that 15-16 inch range, caught 2 at a time on a few occasions which made my boys happy

Comment

There are all year classes in Sherman, we fish it a lot, sure seems the the shallower you fish the bigger whites you’ll, get, fish the wind it is ur friend

Comment

Working...
                              X