Flooded roads south of Ainsworth??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flooded roads south of Ainsworth??

Anyone know if the road is open yet heading west of highway 7 going to Clear Lake and Willow Lake? How is the trail getting back to Tower Lake south of Ainsworth? Haven't been there since June so I'm hoping I can get to them by now.

They just received a ton of rain up there. You can’t make it to either lake right now or probably within the next month or two.

Comment

Spoke to a friend up there this morning. Pretty much every county road in Brown and Rock county is flooded and impassable. Water is on most of the highways, including 20 and 183, and fairly deep in some areas. He wasn't sure if the water would go down much as the ground water has been so high this year and they've had water in the ditches and fields all summer.

Comment

I wouldn't go. It just ains worth it.
        Mike - LaVista, NE

Comment

Four of us were going to go fish some private lakes south of Bassett this weekend, had to cancel, does not sound good up that way! The ranch where we were going to stay had 8+" of rain in 2 nights.

Comment

Originally posted by Flicted View Post
            I wouldn't go. It just ains worth it.
            Haha, this is funny. I’m from Bassett and going to have to use this one with my buddies from Ainsworth.

Comment

Every county road in Brown and Rock County is closed. These pictures are of Bone Creek at Keller State Park.
              Attached Files

Comment

Wonder what Long Pine Creek looks like can't be good

Comment

• Sandbilly
                  Sandbilly commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hidden Paradise area flooded.

I don’t mean to make light of the dad gum flooding though. Nobody needs that. This whole state has had a hell of a year.
                Mike - LaVista, NE

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H. View Post
                  Wonder what Long Pine Creek looks like can't be good
                  Wondering the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Spooled View Post
                    Every county road in Brown and Rock County is closed. These pictures are of Bone Creek at Keller State Park.
                    Wow. I remember Bone Creek was just at trickle when I was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Orca View Post

Wow. I remember Bone Creek was just at trickle when I was a kid.
                      Still is, most of the time, until there are several inches of rain that fall in a 48-hour period.

Daryl B.
                      Daryl Bauer
                      Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
                      Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
                      [email protected]
                      http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

Originally posted by whitetips View Post

Still is, most of the time, until there are several inches of rain that fall in a 48-hour period.

Daryl B.
                        Bone Creek washer. I guess we can say this is the new normal. Bomb Cyclone in mid-March was a Cat 3 hurricane that formed over west-central Kansas after trains were tipped over in NM and TX from wind.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-w...227677144.html

Comment

Any word on the roads up there now?

Comment

I was up there last two weekends. Where do you want to go? Dropped some last weekend compared to the 14th. Had to drive through many flooded roads but most are firm bottom with anywhere up to 15 inches of water. Last weekend most were passable.

Comment

Working...
                            X