HARLAN FISHING YESTERDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report HARLAN FISHING YESTERDAY

Went to Harlan yesterday and had a fun day. Found the whites in 37-foot of water in Prairie Dog Bay and in 20 minutes caught 30 nice sized ones and one catfish. Wanting to go back next week. Water is high but fishable and gulls all over the place but just sitting on the water. Need to get there when they are feeding and guide me to the whites.
    Attached Files

EXCELLENT! A table FULL of DEAD WHITEarses!!

Good job, H-Yak!

Harold "still holding a grudge" F.
    Report Fish/Game Violations:
    1-800-742-SNAP (7627)

Comment

Perfect eaters !

Comment

People that say they do not like white bass should try them that size in a cast-iron skillet with a few small walleye fillets in the mix and by the way throw in an onion… Their opinion would change

Comment

Once the white bass are fileted, carve out the blood along the lateral line with a "V" shaped notch. They will taste great and will also freeze much better if that's what you do.
          Mike - LaVista, NE

Comment

And for ones that are borderline too big, in a plastic bowl soaked them overnight in 7-Up.

Comment

Looks like y’all had a great time!
              Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Same area we found them a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Just spent last week in Canada and for the money catching these whites beat the heck out of catching a ton of short northerns, walleye and perch. Let alone a very long van ride. Was a good trip but this trip to Harlan was a ball and of course a lot less money. Will be there again next week doing the same thing.

Comment

What’s up with this report that I heard from a guy from Hastings that the lakes stinks??

Comment

Don't eat those, they are Harold 's favorite fish... .
                      I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

Comment

• Harold
                        Harold commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You are a SCOUNDREL! ha!

Most of the odor may be attributed to the algae blooms that are happening. It all depends on the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Danpo View Post
                        What’s up with this report that I heard from a guy from Hastings that the lakes stinks??
                        Maybe someone trying to throw you off of a hot bite?
                        ​Go Big Red!!

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleH View Post

Maybe someone trying to throw you off of a hot bite?
                          Lol. No do not think so in this case. In another post I spoke if this, he said fishing was great, but lake smelled terrible. That was the guy that fished below dam and caught large Wipers and Cats.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskeryakker View Post
                            Went to Harlan yesterday and had a fun day. Found the whites in 37-foot of water in Prairie Dog Bay and in 20 minutes caught 30 nice sized ones and one catfish. Wanting to go back next week. Water is high but fishable and gulls all over the place but just sitting on the water. Need to get there when they are feeding and guide me to the whites.
                            Did you use minnows or shiners? Or did you just slab for them?

Comment

Working...
                            X