Missouri river

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report Missouri river

Well ive been fishing the Missouri river around omaha the past two weekends. Most cats are between 2 and 5 pounds but i was able to pull in about a 15 pound blue today. The smaller cats have been going after chubs and the blue went after a drum head. Outside of catfish ive been catching a lot of gar, carp and drum. The picture isnt the best, i was out there alone and had some sand on my lens.

Does anyone else have any reports?
    Attached Files
    Fishing is a dream so I dream often

Pretty cat thanks for sharing!
    Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Thank for the report River Rat... I've been wondering if it was time to get back in the river locally. I'm leaving town for a few weeks, and I won't be able to get in before then.

Question: I assume the wing dams and chevrons are still under water, how do you navigate?

Comment

I fish from the bank. I look for creeks, canals, log jams and slack water. My spot will eventually disappear and change with lower water levels. Until then its a very long walk and takes about 30 minutes to get there.
        Fishing is a dream so I dream often

Comment

Originally posted by riverrat86 View Post
          I fish from the bank. I look for creeks, canals, log jams and slack water. My spot will eventually disappear and change with lower water levels. Until then its a very long walk and takes about 30 minutes to get there.
          Dedication to walk 30 mins to your spot!

Nice fish!

Comment

Back around 30 years ago, me and a bud did at least that far hauling gear and coolers, and one time dragging my buds passed out girl friend back out. Good times! Wish I could still do it!
            Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Working...
            X