Schillings wma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Schillings wma

I was wondering if schillings wma is opened to public access even if its by foot only?
    Fishing is a dream so I dream often

Not sure but a lot of the low lying spots I usually fish around Omaha are almost all under water currently. I’d give the game and parks a call. They may be able to tell you.

Comment

Closed.

Severe Weather Closures

Daryl B.
      Daryl Bauer
      Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
      Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
      [email protected]
      http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

The latest I heard is that Schilling is nothing like it once was. The Platte no longer goes straight to the Missouri. Instead it cuts to the south and through what was Schilling. It has created a large island which I would imagine is a triangle with the Missouri on one side, original Platte flowage, and then the new flowage.

Comment

Blackdog, thanks for providing more info. Its appreciated.

Comment

Right now when you get over the train tracks heading east on main street and look north, it looks like it should be called Schilling lake. Black dog is right, it appears that the river may be reverting back to its unchannelized days. It may take some serious dirt work to get it back to its channel again. Around 10 or so years ago, a mitigation project cut a chute through Schilling WMA. I think that also may have played into this new river flow. You still can not even get to the water treatment plant. The city has some big decisions to make for the future of Plattsmoths drinking water.I hope it all works out. That was a nice area for access to the river.

Comment

Anyone have updates?

Comment

You still cannot drive down the road going north to the river access. There is still moving water over the road. The good news is that they got one of the wells open and just lifted the water restrictions.

Comment

I saw that they lifted the water restrictions for plattsmouth. I was down there today for work and it was hard to believe that after so long how much water is down there. I wish i had time to take a picture. Looked like it was a lake with in a lake at the ralroad tracks.

Comment

Working...
                  X