Davis Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Davis Creek

Every year my boys and I head to Calamas the last week of June thru first few days of July chasing whites. Looking at the G&P reports Davis Creek should be good this year for them. Has anyone done any fishing on Davis Creek? If so, how does the lake lay? Are there flats on one side or another? I looked for maps online and found none? Looking at google it looks like there is just pads for campers and nothing primitive? Each year we go right by this lake I just thought that if Calamas whites aren't going it offers another chance. TIA

Davis Creek is a classic hill-land reservoir, look at the terrain around the reservoir, that is pretty much what you will find below the surface. Not much for flats, lots of bays, coves, points, drop-offs, humps. Dam is on the south end, canal inlet on the north.

Do not know of any contour maps.

Daryl B.
    Daryl Bauer
    Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
    Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
    [email protected]
    http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

• Harold
      Harold commented
      Editing a comment
      Email map available from NRD in Ord

CMap Genesis has a Social Map available. It, like others, is made with sounder data uploaded by anglers. If you have a Lowrance unit, you can create an account and load this map right onto your depth finder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Davis Creek.jpg
Views:	1377
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1232353
    " A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack." - Wang Chi

Comment

It's a super fun lake, full of 14" walleye

Comment

• Harold
        Harold commented
        Editing a comment
        Because they all get 'et at 14.5" !

Never been to Calamus, so I can't address anything fish related. I do have the Navionics fishing app on my phone and have downloaded a nice contour map of the lake. I just carry my phone on the lakes when fishing when I use a fish finder without GPS. I think I had to pay for the app. If you just want to look at the contour map on line for free you can find it at the Navionics chart viewer web site.

https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=e...eia%7BFzp%7BjQ

Comment

I heard today that a lakemaster map for it is in the works soon.

Comment

Any updated reports on Davis Creek? I hope to be headed there this weekend with my son. I see the water level is down about 11'. Are there any "dangerous" spots to avoid when the water is down? Humps or submerged islands that are now super shallow? Thanks

Comment

• Harold
            Harold commented
            Editing a comment
            YES!

Was there last week was very slow as the lake drops there are some shallow spots and trees you got to keep a eye out for good luck!

Comment

Only got to fish for about a half hour. Caught one small wiper and lost about a 13" walleye. Others I talked to had a slow day as well. A couple drum and a small walleye.

Comment

Working...
            X