Olive Creek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Olive Creek?

Anyone been been fishing Olive Creek? Thanks for a report.

Have not been there for a long time but for what it's worth there was a major fish die off last year.

Comment

I have always done decent there, there was a fish kill last year. I believe they are going to restock this year.

Comment

There was a major fish kill at Olive Creek last summer.

It did not kill all the fish.

Daryl B.
        Daryl Bauer
        Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
        Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
        [email protected]
        http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

Yeah there is a mix of fish like largemouth bass, black crappie, bluegill and catfish. Check out the maps to show all the places you can fish. https://maps.outdoornebraska.gov/fishing/

Comment

Has anyone been down there recently? I havent been down there for several years, thinking about making a trip down. Will mostly be targeting bass.

Comment

Originally posted by Husker_Angler View Post
              Has anyone been down there recently? I havent been down there for several years, thinking about making a trip down. Will mostly be targeting bass.
              I was thinking about that, too. Please post a report. General info would be fine, without giving up any secrets.

Comment

LOTS of small crappie. I can't understate that. Since the kill (about a year ago this week) I've found very few leftover bass topping 14 inches. My best ticked barely over three pounds. Give it another two or three years -- The forage is there to build some big fish. Just not for a while
                " A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack." - Wang Chi

Comment

Man, before that kill...wow, fun lake for sure. The saugeye and the nice largemouths!

Comment

I caught a 13 inch crappie there back in may but that's all I caught all day.

Comment

2 weeks ago was couldn't keep count on 10-12 inch bass and 5-7 inch gills

Comment

Originally posted by jabNE View Post
                        Man, before that kill...wow, fun lake for sure. The saugeye and the nice largemouths!
                        Yep; lots of good crappies and 'gills back before the fish kill.

Comment

Working...
                        X