A Crappie beat down!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Crappies
    "The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" ~ Lee Wulff

Comment

I think the biggest crappie award is the one placed on top of that tackle box in the picture, top row, center. you get a length or weight on that beast????

Comment

• snowgoose100
        snowgoose100 commented
        Editing a comment
        16 and a touch.

Originally posted by Jayomaha View Post
      So a quick question. After catching and cleaning all those did y’all have enough energy left to cook?
      Keep it safe! JDL
      19 mins to clean 45 of em( my half) 6 mins to zip rib cages out.

Comment

Originally posted by snowgoose100 View Post

19 mins to clean 45 of em( my half) 6 mins to zip rib cages out.
        Your a quick cleaner for sure...electric knife?? Off topic, i know you catch and release your flatties from branched oak, but when you catch flatties from other places and clean what do those ugly suckers taste like??

Comment

In my opinion flatheads taste great. Best out of all catfish for sure. I keep a few from the river now and then.

Comment

I release all catfish. I dont care to eat them. I will hold on to a few blues from Milford under 5# for older people or single moms that don't fish. I typically only eat crappie gills and eyes.

Comment

Great slabs!! Excellent job Snowgoose!

Comment

Originally posted by snowgoose100 View Post
                I release all catfish. I dont care to eat them. I will hold on to a few blues from Milford under 5# for older people or single moms that don't fish. I typically only eat crappie gills and eyes.
                Good on you! Have one older friend that can’t get out anymore but loves catfish I make a point a couple times a season to bring him some. I mostly stick to gills if I keep anything!
                Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Love the "Driveway O Death"!

Comment

Originally posted by Slayerfish View Post
                    Love the "Driveway O Death"!
                    We only had a 6ft table.... They weren't all fitting on there so we decided the parking lot was the best place

Comment

Working...
                    X