Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snowgoose100 View Post

Thats the plan this week!!! Buddy took half the crappie and I took half
    That’s what they are for. I’m sure you release more fish than most people catch in a year

Comment

Originally posted by Danpo View Post

That’s what they are for. I’m sure you release more fish than most people catch in a year
      Id guess we released a few hundred fish this weekend and a few hundred last weekend.

Comment

They'll clean out the crappie at Kerwin just like they did at glen elder.There we're so many people there today you could not even launch a boat, the whole lake was surrounded with people

Comment

Originally posted by griffonintotheupland View Post
          They'll clean out the crappie at Kerwin just like they did at glen elder.There we're so many people there today you could not even launch a boat, the whole lake was surrounded with people
          Ive been there 5 days of the last 8.... 1 ramp at BO has 10 times the # of boats that both ramps at Kirwin had all 5 days. Kiriwin will be just fine until KDWP decides to lower the limit to 20. There was around 20-30 boats at each ramp all 5 days.

Comment

Originally posted by snowgoose100 View Post

. Kiriwin will be just fine until KDWP decides to lower the limit to 20.
            Just curious, why do you believe lowering the limit will ruin Kirwin and how did it ruin Glen Elder?

Comment

Originally posted by griffonintotheupland View Post
              They have been saying that for years. Have you ever been there when they had decent ice?
              Did I say that outloud??

Kill'em & Grill'em!!!!!!!

Comment

Just fish!! No more tournaments for me at my age. I just relax and whatever.. Last weekend fished Walleye at Harlan . If been in Tourney would have been 13th or higher . Who cares? Not me . Only thing bothers me no one to fish with this weekend, so sat home... Relax.... LOL

Comment

I did not make my comment as a dig at snow. I in no way meant it to be.
                  It was a comment about people that were there days on end with 3-5 people in a boat with each one saving 50. Yes they were legal but look what it did to Glen Elders fishing. The game and parks should never of had a 50 fish limit; that is plain crazy and stupid!!

Comment

Originally posted by bwese View Post

Just curious, why do you believe lowering the limit will ruin Kirwin and how did it ruin Glen Elder?
                    I watched what putting limits on crappie did to NE... Then lowering... Then lowering again... Glen held up to 50 a day for well over 10 years... 0 problems.. The year they lowered it I said thats the end of good fishing there w in 3 years.... Took exactly 3 years and it sucked. Lots of crappie but all dinks. Now they have added a 10 inch size limit to try to fix things. Fish like crappie,gills and whites can take a beating and do just fine because they reproduce so good. KS has no limit on whites and you get sick of catching 12 inch plus whites... They actually get annoying. On a small water body yes they can take a beating but on big reservoirs not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                      I did not make my comment as a dig at snow. I in no way meant it to be.
                      It was a comment about people that were there days on end with 3-5 people in a boat with each one saving 50. Yes they were legal but look what it did to Glen Elders fishing. The game and parks should never of had a 50 fish limit; that is plain crazy and stupid!!
                      I didnt take it as a dig. In the 5 days I spent there we never limited. Everyone we talked w said holy crap you guys put a schooling on... Wish we had done that good.

Comment

In 2013 they lowered the creel limit on crappie at Glen Elder from 50 per
                        day to 20 per day until January of 2017 we're they raised it back to 50 a day then in January of 2019 lowered it back to 20 a day.Creel limits work and facts matter!

Comment

Kirwin or Glen Elder?

Comment

Glen Elder

Comment

Originally posted by Mntn Man View Post
                              Nice, fun trip for sure! Thanks for sharing.
                              Don’t know where you found the toon, but ain’t it the truth!
                              Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Slabs!!
                                ​Go Big Red!!

Comment

Working...
                                X