Low-pro bait caster?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low-pro bait caster?

Looking to pick up a couple baitcasters In the $100 dollar range. Any recommendations? Any decent sales going on?
    Out-the-Window Outfitters.

Lews New speed spool

Comment

I like the Daiwa TATULAs. You can get the CT or CT Type Rs for $100 from eBay. I have enjoyed mine.

Comment

Ya I'd say let's too but look at the new kastking reels haven't used one but alot of guys are loving them

Comment

Daiwas have been great for me. Well enough that most of my collection has become Daiwas, both casting and spinning reels.

Tatula, or Fuego CT would be a good choice.

They came out with a couple lower priced reels last year, but I haven't tried them out.

Comment

The Quantum KVD reels are pretty solid for $80.00.
            Every mistake is a learning opportunity!

Comment

Lews is a good way to go. In the Speed Spool I have the Mach Crush, which is a good reel. It does have the round knobs on the handle, and I've found I don't care for that. I have 3 Lews Laser Pros that are also good for the money you are looking to spend. With the Laser Pro in 2017 they made the side plate easier to take off, unfortunately it also fell off a lot, I lost one in the lake. But in 2018 Lews corrected the problem making a slight change. I contacted Lews this past spring and they sent me new side plates to replace the defective plates on my 2017 reels. Since then I have had no problems. I also have a Bass Pro Qualifier and a Bass Pro Qualifier 2. Both are very good reels, and have not given me any problems. You should be able to find the Qualifier 2 on sale for $75 or $80 before fishing season, and the same could be said for the Laser Pro.

Since Lews fixed their side plate issue I would recommend them, before the fix I was cussing them. If you find a used Lews priced right, make sure it isn't a 2017 version that still has the side plate issue. 2016 didn't have the easy to remove side plate, and 2018 they fixed the problem, so it is only that one year on the Laser Pros you have to be concerned with.
              Whoever said cats always land on their feet wasn't throwing them right.-Anonymous

Comment

I have also heard good things about the Shimano SLX. I haven’t used one but if I were going Shimano I would go up to the Curado.

Comment

I like the Revo's I have, they have been very good to me so far. Some might get a bit over the $100 you want to spend but check out Amazon, there are some good prices on there.

Comment

+1 on the Abu Garcia Revo's. The Revo S can be had for right around $100 normally and less if you can find them on sale.

Comment

Buying low profile bait casters is like buying good optics, you get what you pay for.

ClearCreek

Comment

Originally posted by ClearCreek View Post
                        Buying low profile bait casters is like buying good optics, you get what you pay for.

ClearCreek
                        Great analogy.

Also, once you've used nice ones, you realize just how bad the cheap ones are.

Comment

I bought a lews speed spool for $100 several years ago and it’s still my favorite reel.

Comment

Check out Ebay. I picked up a Quantum Vapor (MSRP $150.00) for $65, no tax and free shipping!! You will be able to increase your buying power by purchasing on Ebay!!
                            Every mistake is a learning opportunity!

Comment

+2 for the Abu Garcia Revo's. Fun hack as well, if you take the Revo X or Revo SX and put the ZPI bearings in them, they cast better than the next few models up in price. The bearing set it $34 from Tackle Trap in Alabama.

Comment

Working...
                              X