X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kaiserduckhelm
    started a topic Low-pro bait caster?

Low-pro bait caster?

Looking to pick up a couple baitcasters In the $100 dollar range. Any recommendations? Any decent sales going on?

• Stercomancy
    replied
    IMO, Daiwa Fuego is the best baitcaster out there. I have just picked up one on eBay for $54 on a bit.

Leave a comment:

• yote_trapper20
    replied
    Originally posted by Catchandrelease1966 View Post
    Have all Bass Pro Qualifiers...decent reels for the money. The Spring Classic Sale has them at 49.99...it starts Feb 15.
    will be picking a few up myself.

Leave a comment:

• ClearCreek
    replied
    Originally posted by Gillynelson View Post
    Has anyone used the curado DC? They claim to be almost impossible to backlash with a digital brake system.
    Gilly:

Do a YouTube search for Curado DC reviews, there is a good video where a guy put one to the test. Good video and it does appear if they are adjusted correctly it is difficult to get the reel to backlash.

ClearCreek

Leave a comment:

• Catchandrelease1966
    replied
    Have all Bass Pro Qualifiers...decent reels for the money. The Spring Classic Sale has them at 49.99...it starts Feb 15.

Leave a comment:

• Gillynelson
    replied
    Has anyone used the curado DC? They claim to be almost impossible to backlash with a digital brake system.

Leave a comment:

• High Pockets
    replied
    BPS has their Spring Fishing Classic coming up starting 2/15. Their sale flyer shows Revo SX for about $105 with a trade-in.

Leave a comment:

• High Pockets
    replied
    I have mostly Lew's and Revo's. I'm left-handed, so sometimes my choices are limited.
    Simmons Sporting Goods runs a lot of auctions on eBay, and you'll see a lot of Quantum, some Lew's and Revos there. I picked up a Revo Elite 8 (JDM) there last year for $170. That's a $300+ reel if you can find it. Has the best braking system I've used so far.
    There was posting on eBay recently for Lew's Tournament MB's at 80 bucks plus shipping. I picked up one in LH. Last I checked they still had some RH.
    SBBC Flea Market-Swap meet is coming up on March 2. Probably lots opportunities there early.

Leave a comment:

• bachelorpads
    replied
    I have a hard time telling a person what kind of reel to buy because it depends on your fishing style. I for instance tend to shred the gears in low profile bait casters. I like fishing junk and tend to nearly lock my drag and have what many consider a ridiculous hook set. Many reels just don't have strong enough gears for how i like to fish. I have a strong preference for the quantum accurists or better in the line up. Those are the only reels that have held up for over 5 years a piece for me. Some reels only survive 2 months (bass pro qualifiers, destroyed 4 in 4 months) and some survive years (Shimano Curados 200DHSV Lasted me 3 years before they lost their smoothness). I am sure the Shimano would have done fine without my version of reel abuse, but the pro qualifiers were horrible. I have Tatulas, pfluegers, and they have been fine for normal use fishing, but i only use my quantums for "rough on my gear" fishing now. Only ones that always seem to last 5 years +

Leave a comment:

• GBR
    replied
    Most of my reels are Revo Premiers and STX's. I've bought them all used and all under $100. Never had an issue with any of them. Not sure where you're located, but the upcoming swap meet in Omaha usually has some good deals.

Leave a comment:

• Jayomaha
    replied
    Have had really good experience with Pflueger spinning reels. Picked up a low profile president bait caster last spring for a good price. Spend the cash and get a reel that has great reviews. The one I bought is horrible, but then I am used to round reels. Good luck with what ever you you go with.
    Keep it safe! JDL

Leave a comment:

• riverrat86
    replied
    I have a blackmax that gets the job done but yeah I'd say save up and get a better real. A 200-300 dollar set up will work much better.

Leave a comment:

• Just Run
    replied
    +2 for the Abu Garcia Revo's. Fun hack as well, if you take the Revo X or Revo SX and put the ZPI bearings in them, they cast better than the next few models up in price. The bearing set it $34 from Tackle Trap in Alabama.

Leave a comment:

• BSS TRKR
    replied
    Check out Ebay. I picked up a Quantum Vapor (MSRP $150.00) for $65, no tax and free shipping!! You will be able to increase your buying power by purchasing on Ebay!!

Leave a comment:

• jebbers2016
    replied
    I bought a lews speed spool for $100 several years ago and it’s still my favorite reel.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X