No announcement yet.

Help Choosing New Boat!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your boat will work just fine. With the motor guide that you have on it, you might not need a kicker. I have both, but lots of guys are not using their kickers and just running their electrics.

Comment

I have a 2017 Lund 1875 Impact for Sale, Fully loaded, ready to fish, 150HP Four stroke, PM me if interested, Located in Lincoln

Comment

It depends on how you like to fish, I guess. I seldom use my trolling motor unless it's calm, which, again, is seldom. I'm a boat control freak so I always back troll using a 50 Merc 4 cyl 2 stroke, one of, if not the best, bigger trolling motors ever made. If you just like to just drag lures & live bait rigs around in rod holders and then reel the fish in a steering wheel is fine and will get the job done. If you actually enjoy the thrill of feeling the bite & setting the hook then a tiller might be a better option. I fish a 16' Pro Angler for boat control but some people prefer at least 17'. I don't enjoy fishing wind &/or waves so if it's too rough for my setup I ain't going out anyway. Fishing is supposed to be fun & relaxing, not stressful, and there's always some place fishable on NE lakes, even on the windier days.

Comment

x2 what BigE said. I live in the eastern part of the state and am a wannabe walleye fisherman. That being said if you want any quality at all with any numbers at all, yes you have to travel 2-3-4 hours to find that kind of walleye fishing here. And mostly it will be on larger reservoirs. Its no secret, this part of the state just doesn't have good walleye water. As far as boats go, its windy here, anybody mention that? Even on the small metro lakes it can get too windy to get out, so a deep V is your best bet. I ran a single console Crestliner Fish hawk for years til I upgraded to a walk-thru windshield double console on my 2018 Fish hawk. Makes a world of difference with the waves and wind. Its windy here in the spring by the way. I know guys that run tillers and consoles and both swear by the them, I think its personal preference no right or wrong. And lastly if you don't get a kicker motor get the most powerful trolling motor you can, it will get used, a lot!

Comment

Just make sure it says Lund on the side and you'll be fine!

I haven't seen your current boat, but if it's a center console as everyone is saying, and it's not excessively large, I don't see any reason it wouldn't work great here.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlessyverson View Post
              Thank you for the reply. The beer cooler goes without saying!! Do many people run tillers or is everything console? I am currently looking at a wide range of boats and am trying to narrow it down a little.
              Tillers would be perfect around here for the money and the fish ability. Even on a crazy windy day i wouldn’t be worried. If guides on lake of the woods can run tillers our lakes should be no issue. Never been a fan of aluminum personally as I run a skeeter mx series and am probably the only one to run a deep V skeeter in metro area at least.

Comment

I have a Boston Whaler (Sport model) rigged for saltwater with a Riptide trolling motor. I just added a front casting deck and use it for all types of fishing here and elsewhere. If you like your boat, don't be afraid you can't use it around here!

Largemouth Bass, Walleye, Catfish or Tarpon...I'm ready!

Comment

Working...
                X