Electric Fillet Knife

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manning1987 View Post

Found some on Amazon for $60-$130 depending on what you want.
    Weren’t cheap back in the day! My AA is running strong 20 + years almos due for new blades.
    Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

I have an american angler (corded) that is 15 or so years old. It gets hot while doing a mess of fish but has never stopped working.

Comment

I have had Mister Twisters and they always broke the gears and then only one blade was moving and that wont fillet fish. Bought an American angler 110 volt and haven't had any problems. The American Angler knife will buzz right through bigger fish with ease.

Comment

I use a Rapala cordless ion battery powered knife and love not have that cord to deal with at the fish cleaning station. Plenty of power and can clean several limits of fish on one charge. Only complaint I have is that my finger gets sore from trying to keep the trigger depressed on mine. If I can figure out how to adjust the trigger it would be great.

Comment

I experienced the ease of cleaning fish with an electric filet knife while fishing in South Dakota this spring. Up to then I had the mind set of it being a novelty and something not really needed. I have cleaned a lot of fish in my lifetime and have never given an electric knife much though. A electric fish filet knife was top on my Father’s Day wish list. I was going for a corded one that plugs directly into 110v. I didn’t think I would ever need the 12v options and though that it may be the reason for the overheating issues mentioned in the reviews. The week before Father’s Day I found the one pictured on Craigslist for $20. A deal that I couldn’t pass up. I haven’t had a chance to put it to use just yet.

Comment

• Luv2Decoy
              Luv2Decoy commented
              Editing a comment
              You will love it.

• papag
              papag commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm in the same boat you used to be. Never used an electric. I've cut meat professionally in the past, literally processed thousands of animals. And filleted thousands of fish with my old trusty rapa filet knife and now with my Forschner Victorinox boning knives. I can crank out a pile of panfish quickly. However, my arthritic hands are getting worse all the time, perhaps it's time to give one a shot.

I have Mister Twister and it has done well for me.

Comment

Just got my Mister Twister couple days ago and I love this knife. You can literally fillet a fish in less than one minute once you get it down.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	mister-twister.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	1224022

Comment

This was just released a couple days ago. I have a regular Bubba blade and it works ok.

https://www.bubbablade.com/knives/el...4.html#start=1

Comment

If their Bubba electric knife is as good as their regular knives I will be glad to order and use one. Great product line.

Comment

Working...
                  X