are the lakes frozen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are the lakes frozen

are the lakes frozen or even close to freezing in the omaha area?

Well, the only ice fishing tournament that has been scheduled so far is the kayak club. What's that tell ya?
    Mike - LaVista, NE

Comment

• Flicted
      Flicted commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too but it may be a late season instead. Except for this morning, December is fizzling out fast. January and February are looking pretty good with the long range forecasts. Best case, we could have over 12" by early Feb and the way February looks, it could last into March. It would be nice to get a good snow out of the way before the lakes freeze. That would drop the temps a bit.

• Jthod
      Jthod commented
      Editing a comment
      My trouble with a late season this year, is I have a child due Feb 11th, so I will be spending the late part of the season at home, or close to home.

• snowgoose100
      snowgoose100 commented
      Editing a comment
      The wildwood tourney is scheduled

Looking at the long term forecast, i'm saying January 15th before we have safe ice. I doubt that tourney will have enough ice but I'm praying

Comment

FYI if that's the case we are shooting for January 20th as a fallback.
      *-Even a fish could stay out of trouble if it learned to shut its mouth-*

Comment

Originally posted by Fishing918 View Post
        are the lakes frozen or even close to freezing in the omaha area?
        Things should lock up by the end of the month and we should be on the ice beginning of January around Omaha.

Comment

Oak lake in Lincoln is locked up.
          Last edited by Fish On; 12-07-2017, 10:28 PM.
          When you have the option, please buy American made. If it does not save your job, it might save mine.

Comment

Days like today (Thursday, Dec 7) where the daytime high doesn't even get up to freezing help us in the right direction for sure, but the most anything in Omaha has right now is a skim - nothing "locked up" for sure. For me, that means I may go take some afternoon walks in the woods or the pasture with the .50 cal and see what I see, but I'd rather be looking at a hole in the ice.

Nate

Comment

Originally posted by Flicted View Post
              Well, the only ice fishing tournament that has been scheduled so far is the kayak club. What's that tell ya?
              It's not the only one.

https://www.nefga.org/forum/fishing-...ary-13-14-2018
              GoodApp

Comment

Relax guys.. I still have pics showing up on facebook of chasing flattys the last 5 years on this date. We have had ice every year by Jan.

Comment

Goose, have you pulled a flatty out of a hole in the past?

Comment

• snowgoose100
                    snowgoose100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not yet. Thats the goal this year if BO gets good enough.

There was about an inch of ice below the fishing pier at Stagecoach saturday. Lots of dead fish were locked up in the ice so I assume the chemical treatment was done.

Comment

• whitetips
                    whitetips commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes.
                Working...
                X