Walnut Creek Wakes Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walnut Creek Wakes Up

I fished earlier this year and was just happy to get out. After seeing plenty boats and fellow fisherman, every time, I was not alone. On my third trip to Walnut Creek the payoff came. Sun hit the water and 3 bass in about 20 min. Cut Sinko in half (light color) with white jig head. Great time and good fish.

Literally snagged a big ol crappie (hook was in top spine) so I put the guy back...even though he would've made a good meal. Gut feeling have snagged em up. Good news is Walnut Creek gave me some "come on back" comfort. Always fun walking around there fishing shore but catching a few made it better.

Wakes up? When was it sleeping??

Comment

Good point if you've been on em' easily. Just speaking for those I saw share my early year drought. Was just happy to share good day out and better weather/fishing. Have a great weekend.

Comment

If you fish it enough and get to know the lake, bass are biting all year long.
        Mike - LaVista, NE

Comment

Originally posted by Frog Legs View Post
          Good point if you've been on em' easily. Just speaking for those I saw share my early year drought. Was just happy to share good day out and better weather/fishing. Have a great weekend.
          Glad you got into same fish. Going to tray and get out Sun.
          Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

I fish Walnut Creek fairly often (any time I only have a few minutes to a couple hours to fish), and for me it's been a bit "sleepy" lately, so I'm happy to hear the report. Sounds like you were using a "Ned" rig, which is often a good way to catch numbers as long as you can feel the bites and stay clear of snags. Thanks for sharing and maybe I'll see you out there sometime!

Nate

Comment

Originally posted by Frog Legs View Post

I wouldn't say easily but they're catchable year round... Believe me there's times I think they have all flew to another lake haha,!

Comment

I fish Walnut Creek a lot, and know the lake very well. I have seen several posts on here saying the fishing is down this year. Not sure why that is....I was out twice last week and caught my limit of 10 inch crappie both nights. Been hitting them really well on 1/16 ounce chatrouse jig heads with smoke and silver flaked twister tails.

Comment

My bud Ken and I hit it a few days ago. fished it for 8 hours and we caught 90+ bass from kayak. Walnut is very much awake.
                  Jewel Jigs/Optimum Frogs #1/Hobie PA 12/Ranger Boats
                  Small Boat Bass Club(AOY 2013/2014)/MoKan(AOY 2016)
                  2016 Midwest Kayak Series Champion - 1st
                  (Midwest) Club level Tourneys (2013-2016) 61 total
                  - 18 Wins
                  - 31 Top 3 Finishes
                  - 50 Top 5 Finishes

Comment

Working...
                  X