Oh Canada! Where to go???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Canada! Where to go???

Looking for a fishing camp to go in Canada, usually go to Ontario but are open to other ideas. We will have 4-8 people in the group and want a camp that has boats and cabins for a week. Looking for good northern and walleye fishing. There are just so many options out there, wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Looking to go in early June. Any ideas?

Might be tough trying to find a resort this late not impossible though, so that will narrow down your choices. If your in/around Omaha area next weekend go to the Boat, Sport and Travel show 23-26 Feb.
    "My biggest worry...when I die my wife will sell my fishing gear for what she thinks I paid for it" (unknown)

Comment

I haven't been able to stomach the hard sell of a "sports show" since the second time I went to one, some time around 1973. Do you want a real guide? Pick a location, pick a price, search for the guy you'll learn something from.
      " A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack." - Wang Chi

Comment

Nestor falls area lake of the woods. This summer will be my 20th summer up there. Lots of reef structure for summer walleyes. My favourite times are last week of may first week of June backs in the bays catching big northerns and big walleyes postspawn feeding. Also last week of July muskie fishing is great around Nestor falls don't know what it is about that last week of July but year in year out it is really good walleyes are on the reefs real well this time of the year too. If you are interested in the area helliars resort does a really good job taking care of you and their dock is one of the best muskie spots on the lake.

Comment

Dogskin Lake Lodge in Manitoba. It's heaven.

Comment

Rocky Shore Lodge Criss and Mike great people, well kept camp on lake Perrault, Ontario, should be at the Omaha show

Comment

We went to Peffley's on Wabaskang lake in Perrault Falls. He just pointed places out on the map that were good when we got there and we caught all the walleye we wanted. We did catch some big northern but didn't target them to much. Did catch some lake trout and quite a few perch as well. You can't go wrong wherever you go, but here is the website. http://www.peffleyscamp.com/wabaskang-lake/

Comment

http://www.fishlacseul.com/About

Lizzy was very nice and the fishing was good.

Comment

Canadian wilderness sports from David city ne treated us very well in 2007 at Lac la Ronge Sask
                  affordable and very nice people

Comment

You have over 100,000 lakes to choose from in Ontario alone. Many excellent options. I have found Ontario to be better for drive to resorts and Manitoba and Saskatchewan to be better for fly ins. If you have not been to a fly in outpost and can afford the extra cost, try one, especially one where you have the entire lake to yourself. Jackson's Lodge and Outposts have a number of excellent choices.
                    You could also try a houseboat on Lac Seul for something different. Lac Seul is an excellent lake for numbers and quality fish. If you go to a large lake like Lac Seul, stay in a camp where you can catch fish near camp in case you get bad weather. Scout Lake Resort, which was mentioned earlier, would be a good choice as would Lac Seul Lodge. Good luck and have fun.

Comment

Lawrence Bay Outfitters in northern Saskatchewan. Great people and great guides.

Comment

Originally posted by 4allfish View Post
                        You have over 100,000 lakes to choose from in Ontario alone. Many excellent options. I have found Ontario to be better for drive to resorts and Manitoba and Saskatchewan to be better for fly ins. If you have not been to a fly in outpost and can afford the extra cost, try one, especially one where you have the entire lake to yourself. Jackson's Lodge and Outposts have a number of excellent choices.
                        You could also try a houseboat on Lac Seul for something different. Lac Seul is an excellent lake for numbers and quality fish. If you go to a large lake like Lac Seul, stay in a camp where you can catch fish near camp in case you get bad weather. Scout Lake Resort, which was mentioned earlier, would be a good choice as would Lac Seul Lodge. Good luck and have fun.
                        lac Seoul is amazing ..... been there a handful of times. We stay with lost island lodge. You do nothing but fish ...... awesome.

Comment

http://newmartfishingresort.com/
                          daryl.wanner@gmail.com

Let Daryl know Thad Freeman recommended the resort. Nice guy! He will drink a beer with you!!!

My family of 4 went last summer and it was awesome! It is a bit of a drive but well worth the trip!
                          We should be enjoying the outdoors!!!

Comment

I figured all you guys would flock to here:

http://www.cornhuskerfishing.com/joomla/

I have not been there, but have talked to anglers that have and they thought it was a good place to go.

ClearCreek

Comment

We did a lot of homework on fishing in Canada. We looked for master angler fish on Eyes, Northern, and Lakers in Manitoba that we could drive to. After eliminating the lakes that didn't meet our criteria, we found only two that covered everything we wanted. Cranberry Portage was ideal. Caribou lodge can supply you with all you want. You have access to Cranberry lakes 1, 2, 3, Elbow lake, rivers between them and more. Each lake has a uniquely different habitat ideal for each species. We have been there many times and have never been disappointed. Big fish was the norm.

Comment

Working...
                              X