Kast King Casting Reels?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bs1d3
    started a topic Opinions Needed Kast King Casting Reels?

Kast King Casting Reels?

Does anybody have any experience with this brand of reels? I'm specifically looking at the Royale Legend. For $30 bucks they don't look too shabby but not sure if it would just be a waste of money.

• snowgoose100
    replied
    Are ABU pricey at $120?? Yep but I have several that are 15-20 years old and have only had to replace a couple $2 pawls. I do 0 maintenance on my reels. They get squeaky I did em in the lake.

Leave a comment:

• snowgoose100
    replied
    If a cat rod or reel says "cat" or "Kat" 99 % chance its junk. King Kat, Cat Max are 2 for starters on that list.

Leave a comment:

• jebbers2016
    replied
    I got a Kast king Stealth reel for about $70, and it really just seems kinda cheap as far as quality. Out of the box it was not a very smooth reel, and the particular one I got seems bulky compared to other brands of bait casting reels of similar price.

Leave a comment:

• tparker6592
    commented on 's reply
    I've own a good share of Kast king reels. All bought last season. IMO the only ones that held up for me are the white max and legend royal. But honestly I don't think they'll last another year. Great smooth reels out the box, but if you fish them hard they don't seem to last to long.

• mrcold
    replied
    I bought the valiant eagle on Black Friday this year, but never took it out on the water. I'm hoping KastKing really is quality gear, because the pricing is definitely right. That being said, I'll just continue going to Spirit Lake for rods...hard to beat lifetime guarantee on half price HMGs.

Leave a comment:

• HAWGHunter
    replied
    I have the speed demon 9:1 ratio its good for the price the tension nob on mine is hard to adjust on the lower end of it, but other than that I haven't had any problems with it. It casts nicely and I haven't had to many backlashes with it. It isn't the nicest reel I use but it also isn't the worst. I use it for top water and when I am fishing plastics in deeper water.

Leave a comment:

• FISH4EYZ
    replied
    No experience with the KastKing rod or reels but I do use KastKing braided line and have no complaints. For the price I don't think you could go wrong buying one.

Leave a comment:

• frogmanjim
    replied
    bs1d3 Any updates on the Kast King reels? Does anyone have an opinion on their rods?

Leave a comment:

• GBR
    replied
    I've been thinking about getting one of these for a while as well. Glad to hear you like it so far. If you don't mind, maybe give us an update after a little field testing and let us know how it does. That might be enough to make me pull the trigger on one.

Leave a comment:

• bs1d3
    replied
    Got it two days ago and so far I'm super impressed with the quality. It is ten times smoother than my Shimano and seems a lot better built..the drag system also works a lot better..for the price its a solid reel, no regrets so far.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160614_184307.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	1138510

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160614_175845.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	1138511

Leave a comment:

• bs1d3
    replied
    I should of said the specs don't look too bad.

I'm really just getting in to using baitcasters. I picked up a shimano caius on clearance a couple weeks ago and it's ok but i still prefer to use my spinning reels over it.

I bit the bullet and order it 29.86 with free shipping..so we shall see!

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied
    Originally posted by bs1d3 View Post
    Does anybody have any experience with this brand of reels? I'm specifically looking at the Royale Legend. For $30 bucks they don't look too shabby but not sure if it would just be a waste of money.
    If you're buying "looks", I agree- GRAB IT! But if you're looking for reliability, well DON'T ask the SALESMAN! Contact a reel repair/service center!

Should be a service/warranty center listing available. But, for $30 bucks, better include a large roll of black tape! HA!

Harold F.

Leave a comment:

• bs1d3
    replied
    Maybe a Cat King at Cabelas...? Here's a link: http://www.kastking.com/kastking-roy...-fishing-reel/

Must not be too popular.

Leave a comment:

• Big Muddy Fishing
    replied
    Is that the blue one they sell at Cabelas? If so, when I was first starting out I had one, and it broke the first day... If not.. never mind... I would go up another $30 dollars...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X