Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beautiful weekend for a tour of Dawes County.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful weekend for a tour of Dawes County.

My buddy had a family emergency so my Big Mac trip for the weekend was put on hold. So instead, I decided to hit several spots, all within a half hour of my house. Didn't catch a ton of fish but had a great weekend. Started off Friday morning at the Chadron city ponds. Caught several bluegill to boost my depleted stock of cutbait, and a few of these little guys.

That evening I checked out Walgren lake. We've had a lot of rain but I was shocked that it was completely full. Hadn't seen it like that in fifteen years. Encountered a very curious muley on the way, managed one small channel cat, and enjoyed the view.

Saturday morning I headed for Fort Robinson. Hit Carter P., Icehouse Ponds, Cherry Creek pond, and Grabel Ponds. Caught a number of small bass, bluegill, a couple rock bass, and a limit of trout. The bass had lockjaw for the most part. Got skunked at Whitney lake on the way home.

Sunday I kicked back at the house until evening, then headed for Box Butte. Caught this guy, 13#2oz. All in all, pretty good weekend, and a renewed appreciation for the place I live.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
    Don't let anybody else dictate how good your fishing trip or your day was. If you made memories, enjoyed the scenery, and were at peace with yourself and those around you, you had an awesome trip. God Bless

Looks like an excellent weekend, thanks for sharing.
    Follow me on Instagram & Untappd: @bs1d3

Comment

An awesome mixed bag in beautiful country! Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

Great post. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
        X