X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadhead Dave
    started a topic Hobie outback 2019

Hobie outback 2019

Seriously considering pulling the trigger on a 2019 outback, the new design looks awesome. Does anyone here actually own one? Would love to try one before I drop 3k.

• KAV45
    replied
    Love my 19 Outback. Great choice.

Leave a comment:

• Deadhead Dave
    replied
    I really hate the process of posting pics on this forum >< On a side note, holy Jeebus is it fast.

Leave a comment:

• Nuwin
    replied
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Leave a comment:

• Deadhead Dave
    replied
    Got a little ahead of the game and just went ahead and bought an outback today. Now I get to stare at the clock until Saturday when I can take it out.

Leave a comment:

• Kenai King
    replied
    Originally posted by Deadhead Dave View Post
    I appreciate all the feedback. I can afford either, but I like being able to throw it in a truck bed and go. I really don't want to deal with a trailer at my place, my driveway is terrible. I'm going to check out both at select sail and sport tomorrow. The PA just seems massive.
    I throw my PA 14 in the back of my truck - no biggie. I drag it around no problem. You can also get wheels. If I can do it you can.

Leave a comment:

• Deadhead Dave
    replied
    Currently I'm fishing out of a 2011 ish 12 ft Jackson paddle kayak. I am guessing even the outback will seem roomy.

Leave a comment:

• Deadhead Dave
    replied
    I appreciate all the feedback. I can afford either, but I like being able to throw it in a truck bed and go. I really don't want to deal with a trailer at my place, my driveway is terrible. I'm going to check out both at select sail and sport tomorrow. The PA just seems massive.

Leave a comment:

• thejollyroger
    replied
    Originally posted by Deadhead Dave View Post
    Seriously considering pulling the trigger on a 2019 outback, the new design looks awesome. Does anyone here actually own one? Would love to try one before I drop 3k.
    If you happen to be on Facebook we have a group called "The Sticks - Nebraska Kayak Anglers" I know of at least one guy if not more that have one and almost certain they would let you take it for a test drive.

Leave a comment:

• Kenai King
    replied
    Honestly I would save up for a PA. Much more room and a lot easier to get in / get out. I have both a PA 14 and an Outback. The Outback has certain advantages like speed and maneuverability but for comfort and room the PA destroys it. You are more than welcome to try my Outback I live in Omaha though.

Leave a comment:

• Deadhead Dave
    replied
    I'll be out of town the day of the demo. Appreciate the heads up tho.

Leave a comment:

• Nuwin
    replied
    +1 on Select Sail.

I saw it at the outdoor show. It's pretty nice. Not nice enough for me to extend my budget. I still got a Compass. A lot more amenities for sure. Gets you closer to a PA without all the extra weight.

Leave a comment:

• OldHunter
    replied
    Select Sail in Omaha is having a demo day Sunday May 18 from 11 am to 3 pm at Lake Manawa in Council Bluffs. I am wanting to try one too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X