Hobie outback 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hobie outback 2019

Seriously considering pulling the trigger on a 2019 outback, the new design looks awesome. Does anyone here actually own one? Would love to try one before I drop 3k.
    I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

Select Sail in Omaha is having a demo day Sunday May 18 from 11 am to 3 pm at Lake Manawa in Council Bluffs. I am wanting to try one too.

Comment

+1 on Select Sail.

I saw it at the outdoor show. It's pretty nice. Not nice enough for me to extend my budget. I still got a Compass. A lot more amenities for sure. Gets you closer to a PA without all the extra weight.

Comment

I'll be out of town the day of the demo. Appreciate the heads up tho.

Comment

Honestly I would save up for a PA. Much more room and a lot easier to get in / get out. I have both a PA 14 and an Outback. The Outback has certain advantages like speed and maneuverability but for comfort and room the PA destroys it. You are more than welcome to try my Outback I live in Omaha though.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadhead Dave View Post
            Seriously considering pulling the trigger on a 2019 outback, the new design looks awesome. Does anyone here actually own one? Would love to try one before I drop 3k.
            If you happen to be on Facebook we have a group called "The Sticks - Nebraska Kayak Anglers" I know of at least one guy if not more that have one and almost certain they would let you take it for a test drive.
            *-Even a fish could stay out of trouble if it learned to shut its mouth-*

Comment

I appreciate all the feedback. I can afford either, but I like being able to throw it in a truck bed and go. I really don't want to deal with a trailer at my place, my driveway is terrible. I'm going to check out both at select sail and sport tomorrow. The PA just seems massive.

Comment

Currently I'm fishing out of a 2011 ish 12 ft Jackson paddle kayak. I am guessing even the outback will seem roomy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadhead Dave View Post
                  I appreciate all the feedback. I can afford either, but I like being able to throw it in a truck bed and go. I really don't want to deal with a trailer at my place, my driveway is terrible. I'm going to check out both at select sail and sport tomorrow. The PA just seems massive.
                  I throw my PA 14 in the back of my truck - no biggie. I drag it around no problem. You can also get wheels. If I can do it you can.

Comment

Got a little ahead of the game and just went ahead and bought an outback today. Now I get to stare at the clock until Saturday when I can take it out.

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen.

Comment

I really hate the process of posting pics on this forum >< On a side note, holy Jeebus is it fast.

Comment

Love my 19 Outback. Great choice.

Comment

Working...
                          X