Weight limits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight limits

Looking at Wal-Mart kayaks, the weight limit is pretty close to my weight, need info on performance, and safety, when the weight are to close to each other,thanks

I have a Wilderness System Tarpon 120, Weight of the Kayak is 63 lbs. Max Cap is 350. I weigh 160 lbs, Milk Crate with tackle, anchor , net, rod holders, and water cooler weigh 40 lbs plus 6 rods, depth finder, pfd, battery, paddle. I would bet I am close to the weight limit when you add in drinking water, snacks, cameras, and what ever extras I bring along. Still paddles great but wouldn't want to much more added weight.

Comment

in a kayak, don't get too close to weight limit. You have to take into account gear. the closer you are to the weight limit the lower in the water the kayak will sit in the water. You will def get wet more often than not in windy conditions. I like the suggestion of the Tarpon 120. good kayaks and decent weight limit. Also check out the emotion Steath kayaks. they are not too spendy. You will be better off saving a few extra dollars and buy into the $400-500 dollar range kayaks or a little more.
      KayakJak Outfitters will let you test a bunch of different kayaks that bass pro shops sells. Id say try a few out and see what you like.

Jewel Jigs/Optimum Frogs #1/Hobie PA 12/Ranger Boats
      Small Boat Bass Club(AOY 2013/2014)/MoKan(AOY 2016)
      2016 Midwest Kayak Series Champ - AOY
      (Midwest) Club level Tourneys (2013-2016) 61 total
      - 18 Wins
      - 31 Top 3 Finishes
      - 50 Top 5 Finishes

Comment

General recommendation is not to exceed 65% of the stated weight capacity.

Comment

Working...
        X