Trolley?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trolley?

I’m going to use an anchor with my kayak this year. Do you like your anchor trolley? I’m not very excited about the idea of punching holes into the side of my kayak to mount it.

I don't know what I would do without my anchor trolley system. I split mine in half at the middle handle. One half goes to the front and the other half to the back. No holes drilled! I used cable clamps, wire ties, pullies, carabiners and existing screws/bolts in the kayak.

Comment

If you have handles in front and back ends there are ways to do it without drilling. but works better if you do. Lots of ideas on FB and you tube.

Comment

I couldn't fish without my trolley system. It is THE hack. I'd prefer to have one set up on both sides of Yakky Doodle, but I have a paddle holder that gets in the way.

The best aspect is the ability to anchor facing into or against the wind, in a number of different angles. Sometimes I run throw a second weight to keep from swinging around too much.

" A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack." - Wang Chi

Comment

I was also concerned about drilling into my Yak, however, after two seasons, no issues with holes and only positive results with the trolley.
          Iowa State!

@JimVanBruggen

Comment

Is there a brand you like?

Comment

Originally posted by Gar View Post
              Is there a brand you like?
              Are you in Lincoln? If so you could take a look at how I have mine set up.

Comment

I should point out I used rivets instead of screws.
                Iowa State!

@JimVanBruggen

Comment

I bought one on eBay, haven’t installed it yet but plan to use the rivets provided. Thanks for the offer, but I’m pretty confident on how I will install.

Comment

Working...
                  X