No announcement yet.

Would you fish from a Kayak if you had a boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was still in a paddle yak I would have said boat. Now that I have a pedal kayak it would be hard for me to justify a boat.
    I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. -Sam Redfern

Comment

Originally posted by OldHunter View Post
      I have a 2008 16 1/2 ' alumacraft w/ 50hp motor and 2 kayaks, a 14' Hobie Pro Angler and a 11.5 FeelFree Lure. I've fished about 30 times on a kayak this year and 1 time in the boat. I mostly fish farm ponds and smaller lakes in Eastern Neb and that's how I like to fish. I'm keeping track of bass over !2" and it's somewhere around 450 so far this year. Only keeping the boat for the grandkids otherwise it would be gone in a heartbeat.
      Sorry to respond to a year old post, but I'm actually trying to decide between the 11.5 Lure with Overdrive and a Hobie Outback. How do you like the lure in comparison to your Hobie?

Comment

• HAWGHunter
        HAWGHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Wilderness Systems Radar 115 or 135

Originally posted by Coop View Post

Sorry to respond to a year old post, but I'm actually trying to decide between the 11.5 Lure with Overdrive and a Hobie Outback. How do you like the lure in comparison to your Hobie?
      I tried the Lure with the Overdrive and it didn't work for me. I since have sold my Hobie PA and replaced it with a 2019 Outback. Between the Hobie PA and the Outback, each have their good and bad points, but for me the Outback is a better choice. If I just fished big waters I would stay with the Pro Angler, but I fish a mix of small ponds and bigger lakes and the Outback better suits my needs. The prop drives can be good, but if you fish around underwater vegetation, the Hobie Mirage drive is the best option IMO as the props get fouled easier. I also have a small electric trolling motor that I use on bigger lakes that I can drop in the Mirage Drive pod. Total cost for the motor and battery was about $250. I also replaced my Lure with a 107 SS Bonafide, more stable and more user friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHunter View Post

I tried the Lure with the Overdrive and it didn't work for me. I since have sold my Hobie PA and replaced it with a 2019 Outback. Between the Hobie PA and the Outback, each have their good and bad points, but for me the Outback is a better choice. If I just fished big waters I would stay with the Pro Angler, but I fish a mix of small ponds and bigger lakes and the Outback better suits my needs. The prop drives can be good, but if you fish around underwater vegetation, the Hobie Mirage drive is the best option IMO as the props get fouled easier. I also have a small electric trolling motor that I use on bigger lakes that I can drop in the Mirage Drive pod. Total cost for the motor and battery was about $250. I also replaced my Lure with a 107 SS Bonafide, more stable and more user friendly.
        Thanks, that pretty much has been what I've been hearing. I really wanted the Lure to be the boat for me, that seat is pretty awesome, but seems like the rest of the boat is lacking (for its price point). So, it looks like I'll be ordering an outback.

Comment

Working...
        X