Kayak Trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kayak Trailer

Bought a couple kayaks a few years ago in effort to take them fishing. They've spent most of the time at my folk's being unused. have recently been interested in getting it out fishing again, but feel like i'd rather trailer them than load them into my pickup.

Anyone have a kayak trailer recommendations? Any local sales (Omaha)?

Buying a dedicated kayak trailer, like a Tennessee is going to cost a pretty penny.

Jet ski trailer, small boat trailer, or if you're looking new, a harbor fright trailer is a good option.

Mine is built on a 17' boat trailer, and I added a truck tool box to the front for gear. I also built a deck on if for use as a utility trailer, and I can haul my ATV, or two Hobie Pro Angler 14's on it.

Comment

I bought one of those Carry-On 4'x6' trailers about 7 years ago and it's been working great. I think they are around $500 new. The small size works out great for me because I can easily push it around my driveway or in my garage. Last year I put a longer tongue on it so I have some extra room between the front of my canoes/ kayaks and the back of my vehicle.

Comment

Love my Tennessee Trailer!

Comment

I bought an H&H enclosed trailer that is a dedicated kayak trailer (we have 4 kayaks for my family of 4). If you can afford it, it is really the best option. The kayaks are securely stored on cradles in the trailer, and the trailer is ready to go at all times. That convenience translates into using the kayaks more often (I didn't invest in 4 kayaks to not use them). There is also plenty of room to store fishing gear in the trailer. An enclosed trailer + 4 kayaks is still way cheaper than an entry-level fishing boat.

Comment

• scotcl
            scotcl commented
            Editing a comment
            We did the same thing and built it out to carry all of our camping equipment, as well. Packed and ready to go at anytime

I was looking for an inexpensive trailer solution a while back, but didn't have much cash at the time. Got a truck bed rack, which was much cheaper, and I am really happy with it. Truck bed stays open for additional gear, and the kayaks are always ready to go. With that being said, if you have more than 2 kayaks, things get a little more complicated. Also, if you have a bad back, I'd think constantly crouching under the "kayak ceiling" would be a literal pain.

Comment

Working...
          X