Sun Dolphin Boss SS 12 fishing kayak?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun Dolphin Boss SS 12 fishing kayak?

Anyone have experience with this kayak? Looking for an expensive sit on top for a few situations where my boat isn’t the best option. I was also looking at the Riptide A13 Waterhog and Pelican 120. All 3 are similar, the Sun Dolphin is cheapest.
    "The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" ~ Lee Wulff

IMO, use your money to buy a quality used kayak. They can run the same price as the new ones you listed, however, they will be a heck of a lot better.
    Iowa State!

@JimVanBruggen

Comment

I love my Sun Dolphin and not just for fishing. I take mine out duck hunting as well and never have had an issue with it.

Comment

I don't have experience, but I would say if at all possible try and get out and 'test drive' some kayaks before making your purchase. Marty Hughes would be a good contact for this or if you can find someone with the specific kayaks you are looking at then see if they will let you try it out. Easiest way to see if it's a right fit for you.
        *-Even a fish could stay out of trouble if it learned to shut its mouth-*

Comment

I'm interested in the Boss 12. Not alot of info on it. The pelican catch 120 looks like a good kayak also. I have a lifetime Tahoma kayak now. For $150 its a good entry level fishing kayak.

Comment

I have a Pelican Boost 100 Angler, it was a way for me to cheaply see if I enjoy kayak fishing and it served it's purpose well. I am looking to upgrade kayak this spring, so needless to say I have enjoyed it! The biggest issue I have with it is the seat and lack of space for storage, the seat being the bigger of the two issues. My advice is to get a kayak with an actual seat, not just sitting on the plastic with an "adjustable" back support, in my experience they suck. The pelican overall has been plenty robust enough, it has scratches from use, but I have used it 2 full summers and fished quite a bit out of it and it still works like a charm, it is just not comfortable.

Comment

Glad somebody had a good experience with a Sun Dolphin. I divested myself of mine within about a week of purchase. Overly heavy, tracked horribly, and water came in the scupper holes.
              -----------------------------------------
              -My computer, my time, my opinions

Comment

Ok so I’ve been doing more and more research LoL. Here are the ones I have interest in if anyone has any opinions. I would prefer to stay closer to the $500-$700 range. The Bonafide is the most expensive at $1600. but pretty cool.

Pelican Catch 100
                Vibe Yellowfin 100
                Feel Free Lure 10
                Sun Dolphin SS12
                Pelican Catch 120
                Riptide A13 Waterhog
                Vibe Seaghost 130
                Bonafide SS127

I mostly fish Fremont, Wannahoo, Dead Timber, Desoto Bend, Summit and occasionally Branched Oak.
                "The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" ~ Lee Wulff

Comment

I have a wilderness system tarpon 120 that you could try out.

Comment

Working...
                  X