X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FishMaster
    started a topic Mounting the Transducer

Mounting the Transducer

I have the Ascend FS128T kayak. Trying to find the best way to mount a transducer on it. Any suggestions or people that know what kayak I have that can offer advice?

• fish_finder
    replied
    I used some duct seal compound to mount the transducer inside my kayak hull. Works great.

Leave a comment:

• Shaun Russell
    replied
    If you get a quality brand transducer arm it should hold up well. It took me a couple times out to get use to it but have been using it that was for years. Mad Frog gear makes a nice Liberator arm.

Leave a comment:

• rustyn
    commented on 's reply
    It is a rigid arm that goes down through the scupper hole. You can see a picture of it here: https://www.rustynutsdesigns.com/sho...unt-kit-garmin

• Agent99
    commented on 's reply
    I use the side arm mount but recently saw those scupper hole ones. Is the arm that goes down through the scupper hole rigid or more like a string? I can't tell from pics I've seen.

• rustyn
    replied
    This is an older thread, but I make some scupper hole transducer mounts. They are 3D printed but I've been using one for over a year with no issues.

Leave a comment:

• QuackerTracker
    replied
    I use a suction cup transducer mount on my Kayak.

Leave a comment:

• JKL
    replied
    I made a bracket that allows me to have my transducer mounted up through one of my scupper holes. It stays tucked up, but I try to be careful with it. Havent had any issues and I go through some thick vegetation once in awhile.

Iā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ was thinking about shooting through the hull but dont know how well that works with a DI transducer. Anyone try that yet?

Leave a comment:

• Deadhead Dave
    replied
    I am still looking for a good solution on my jackson. I kept breaking the tough ball ram mounts for my transducer arm. Ended up taking off the gear track for the ram mounts after I scratched my truck with it ten times or so. I've decided I dont like something hanging over the side, looking for a better way.

Leave a comment:

• krs717
    replied
    Originally posted by Jthod View Post
    On my ascend, I built myself an arm out of aluminum that went over the side.

It was able to fold up, to avoid rocks, and trees.

There are some commercially available options from Austin Kayak as well.
    And it still works great!

Leave a comment:

• Heff
    replied
    I placed my transducer under my seat because I didn't want anything hanging over the side. It shoots right thru the bottom of the kayak with no problems. I do have to add about 1/2 cup of water around it to get rid of air between hull and transducer. Works great for me šŸ˜Ž

Leave a comment:

• frogmanjim
    replied
    I did something similar to Jthod on my Ascend. I picked up a plastic transducer arm which allows me to insert a FishFinder holder. Not the best pics, but you can get the idea.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Jthod
    replied
    On my ascend, I built myself an arm out of aluminum that went over the side.

It was able to fold up, to avoid rocks, and trees.

There are some commercially available options from Austin Kayak as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X