No announcement yet.

Where does the water go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scupper holes work depending on the displacement of your kayak vs your body weight. If water comes in the scupper holes cause of your weight you use the scupper plugs to keep the deck relatively dry, then you deck gets wet from paddle drip, net drip, fish dripping etc. If no water comes in via scupper holes cause of your weight the dripped in water runs out via those scupper holes. With my seat placement near center I have to just lean back into the seat back and water drains back toward scuppers.

Comment

Now I know everything!
      Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

With a Pro Angler, they displace so much water, that it never comes close to coming through the holes. at the drive hole on mine, with all the gear I carry, and my 250lb self, the water is about 2" under the floor. if I lean way forward towards the bow, I will get water coming through there, but it runs right out.

Comment

That is what I was not getting! As said before a hole in the bottom of the boat? Might have my big boat sold by the weekend. Will go look and see what I like and then I may ask for some aid as far a ride before I buy. I am in Bellevue so maybe I can hook up with someone who would be willing to give an in person show and tell? Anyway you all have a great week!
          Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Try before you buy,,,
            "When a fish bites, a primordial jolt shoots along your nerves, stirring a bundle of dark, dusky ganglia deep within your predatory brain."
            North American Fisherman-Feb 2006
            Kayakjak
            kayakjak.com is a paid NEFGA sponsor

Comment

• Jayomaha
              Jayomaha commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep
          Working...
          X