Soldier Creek area water clarity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soldier Creek area water clarity?

I've been dying to get up into that area, and have been wondering if anyone knows how the creek conditions are? Muddy, deep, shallow, clear? Over grown, or moderately accessible?

I was up there a couple of weeks ago and it appeared normal flow and clarity. There is always a lot of weeds and brush to deal with this time of year. Long pants and long sleeves are recommended. I usually increase my line strength, so I can just hoist the fish out and avoid some tangles.
    "The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" ~ Lee Wulff

Comment

I was up there a couple weeks ago. Saw lots of fish in South, didn’t see any in middle. Didn’t land any there, and we didn’t spend very much time there since we were on our way to the Black Hills. But here are a couple pics my daughter and I took...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image_56624.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	1236046

Click image for larger version  Name:	04E0E775-DAF5-4805-AE58-0635CF3DBC71.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	211.8 KB ID:	1236047
      Last edited by ericein; 08-11-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

The first one is the trail by South Solider. My daughter is about 4 foot tall... and most of the grass is about up to her shoulders everywhere we went. Be prepared for that.

Second photo is Middle... the grass is growing out over the creek like that most places. I would say that is one of the more open stretches we found. So be ready to thread the needle while casting...

Comment

Gotcha! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X