Smallmouth Bass on a Fly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smallmouth Bass on a Fly

Went way out west to Pine Ridge this week to do some trout fishing. That was a bust... did get to do some exploring and found a couple spots I would hit again, a couple more that were cool to see at least once, and a couple of roads to get there were... interesting.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5097.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	1233476
    Some of you might recognize that road and know where I was going. Beautiful, but a single car width road through a Pine Ridge canyon was interesting. I even blew out a tire on forest service ground southeast of Chadron trying to get to another one and lost a half day of fishing. Had a super hard time finding trout, fought lots of snags and grass around the streams, hooked a couple, but never got anything to the net. So a bust of a trip.

But on the way home, I hit a favorite I-80 lake and managed to scratch what were the only decent fish of the trip...

Name:	IMG_E5126.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	1233475

Name:	IMG_E5139.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	1233474
    First was 16" and the second was 15". Smallies on a fly are probably one of my favorites. Jumped, ran, and fought all the way into the net. A lot of fun on a fiberglass 5 weight. And a slump busting, trip saving fish.

As always nice fish! Always like the background scenery! Thanks for sharing!
    Keep it safe! JDL

Comment

Working...
    X