Verdigre Creek Condition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verdigre Creek Condition?

Posted this in the fishing forum too, but figured I’d post here as well considering my goal is for some trout on a float and fly!

I’m up with my girlfriend and her family in South Dakota this weekend and we’re not far from Verdigre Creek. I’ve never been and would love to try and catch some trout, but I’m not sure given all of the flooding how possible that will be. Is anyone able to give me an update on the condition of the creek currently? Thanks!!!
    + More Options

Originally posted by adamhanna View Post
    Posted this in the fishing forum too, but figured I’d post here as well considering my goal is for some trout on a float and fly!

I’m up with my girlfriend and her family in South Dakota this weekend and we’re not far from Verdigre Creek. I’ve never been and would love to try and catch some trout, but I’m not sure given all of the flooding how possible that will be. Is anyone able to give me an update on the condition of the creek currently? Thanks!!!
    + More Options
    You better plan something else. East Branch of Verdigre Creek is flooding right along with everything else. I would not think of fishing it until the water dropped.

Daryl B.
    Daryl Bauer
    Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
    Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
    daryl.bauer@nebraska.gov
    http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

Not sure where you are in South Dakota, but getting to E. Branch of Verdigre Creek may be a challenge with the flooding, closed roads and bridges out, etc.

ClearCreek

Comment

You should stay out of the area. We have enough " gawkers " in the way.

Comment

Any update on the conditions at Verdigre creek? Trying to find out if it is accessible or if I should hold off a while longer.

Comment

Fish it!

Daryl B.
            Daryl Bauer
            Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
            Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
            daryl.bauer@nebraska.gov
            http://ourdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Comment

I heard at Cornhusker Fly Fishers this Saturday from some of the TU guys some of the trout habitat that had installed over the years had gotten washed out; and they were just receiving permits to reinstall it. So it sounds like the stream might look a little different then it had in the past. Definitely post a report!

I can tell you that while I was at Soldier Creek, you could DEFINITELY tell that water was way way up at one point too. In fact a couple of pools I remember fishing had filled in. But there were still fish to be caught and it was still a good time. I am guessing Verdigre will be the same way...

Comment

Does anyone have any recent updates on Verdigre? Thinking about going there and to Long Pine next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckslayer2095 View Post
                  Does anyone have any recent updates on Verdigre? Thinking about going there and to Long Pine next week.
                  I'm going to make a new post on this in a second... watch for a new thread.

Comment

Working...
                  X