Thread: Scheels Rod Warranty

Thanks

Default Scheels Rod Warranty

I was wondering if scheels rods have a warranty on them I have a pro angler rod that I bought this spring and I broke it this last weekend Im not really sure how it got broke but im guessing the tackle box or cooler fell on it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Chaser View Post
    I was wondering if scheels rods have a warranty on them I have a pro angler rod that I bought this spring and I broke it this last weekend Im not really sure how it got broke but im guessing the tackle box or cooler fell on it.
    I did something similar to my Scheels rod. Took it back in and walked out with a new one no questions asked! If they give you any problems talk with a manager, but you should not have an issue!
    There are two pains in life! The pain of discipline, and the pain of regret!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Weekend Warrior For This Useful Post:

fowlfoolr1979 (08-16-2013)

Thanks

Just take it back.... Scheels customer service is second to none that I have found! Cabelas used to be really good with that type of stuff years ago but now not so much. You will leave the store with a new rod and be totally satisfied!

Layne

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fowlfoolr1979 View Post
    Just take it back.... Scheels customer service is second to none that I have found! Cabelas used to be really good with that type of stuff years ago but now not so much. You will leave the store with a new rod and be totally satisfied!

Layne

I agree Scheels customer service is awesome. Broke my $80 fillet knife took it back and they replaced it no questions asked.
    A bad day of fishing beats a good day of anything else.....

Thanks

+1.....I have had nothing but good things to say about Scheel's customer service....except the one time I accidentally walked in there wearing a Cabela's cap. They did offer to exchange it for me though...

Director
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 1,576 Posts

I have taken broken rods into Scheels a couple times. They exchanged them with no questions asked.

I will offer a litle advice. If you bought a combo return the combo. I had my son's rod broke and we took it in. It was bought as a combo but i didnt take the reel because it was still good. They did the exchange and they we're very helpful but it took a long time (30 min) because of all the red tape they had to go through. They politely asked me to bring the whole combo next time even if the reel is still good. They told me they will replace the whole combo regardles and it saves them a lot of extra work.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weekend Warrior View Post
    I did something similar to my Scheels rod. Took it back in and walked out with a new one no questions asked! If they give you any problems talk with a manager, but you should not have an issue!
    So they'll replace it even if it's your fault or regardless of how it broke?

Director
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barmandr View Post
    So they'll replace it even if it's your fault or regardless of how it broke?
    Yes. They will exchange it as long as you have the pieces in your hand.

Thanks

Correction, Scheels will replace any of their rods under warranty if it fails or breaks on its own NOT if slammed in a tailgate or car door. *BUT* the customer service and help is amazing they won't ask, so my advice is don't tell. And remember, there are reasons why prices keep going up....
    -My fingers smell like fish...but I have a excuse!

Thanks

[QUOTE=clarkzilla;503085]Correction, Scheels will replace any of their rods under warranty if it fails or breaks on its own NOT if slammed in a tailgate or car door. *BUT* the customer service and help is amazing they won't ask, so my advice is don't tell. And remember, there are reasons why prices keep
    I told them I shut it in my tailgate and they replaced my rod. However it could have been a 28 inch bass tagged by a forum member at PV that broke my rod
    There are two pains in life! The pain of discipline, and the pain of regret!

Director
    Thanks

I had one that broke when i set a tackle box on it. I told them the truth and they still swapped it out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clarkzilla View Post
    Correction, Scheels will replace any of their rods under warranty if it fails or breaks on its own NOT if slammed in a tailgate or car door. *BUT* the customer service and help is amazing they won't ask, so my advice is don't tell. And remember, there are reasons why prices keep going up....
    Not necessarily true, I bought and broke their $120 walleye rod within a 24 hr period from being shut in the car door and they returned it no problem.

Thanks

I took my rod back to scheels today they didn't even ask what happended all the guy said was it looks like you turned your 1piece rod into 2 piece model he then upgraded me to the next rod series because they didn't have my exact rod great job scheels

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coyote Chaser For This Useful Post:

fish-icer (08-18-2013), snowgoose100 (08-18-2013)