Thread: midweek to midweek fishing

Thanks

Default midweek to midweek fishing

Our trip to Cedar Lake in Ontario won't work out this year due to scheduling conflict. It seems the best chance of big lake muskie fishing this year is if we can check-in midweek (say Wednesday) and check-out a week later. Saturday to Saturday won't cut it this year.

My question is does anyone know of a camp on a muskie lake that would accommodate our schedule? We'd like to stay in Minnesota or LOTW/Lac Seul area in Ontario. I'll start my Google search but thought if someone here knows of a place that would be a lot easier.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stuntfisher View Post
    Our trip to Cedar Lake in Ontario won't work out this year due to scheduling conflict. It seems the best chance of big lake muskie fishing this year is if we can check-in midweek (say Wednesday) and check-out a week later. Saturday to Saturday won't cut it this year.

My question is does anyone know of a camp on a muskie lake that would accommodate our schedule? We'd like to stay in Minnesota or LOTW/Lac Seul area in Ontario. I'll start my Google search but thought if someone here knows of a place that would be a lot easier.

Any help will be appreciated.
    I would recommend Split Rock Lodge on Sabaskong Bay LOTW. It is a great fishing camp that is kept up well, with great rates! It is located in a great spot with muskies right off the dock. They are great people and I would highly recommend giving them a call or emailing them to see if they can accommodate your group.

Thanks

Default My Recommendations...Lots of Choices

I never make it past LOTW.... Lac Suel is just a dream.... that is beyond my realm of experience. This is what I recommmend. In addition, I heard there was a camp on an Island in LOTW owned by Nebraskan's that has everything...just never been there to make a recommendation.

LOTW Witch Bay Camp ( Andrews Bay) North of Sioux Narrows--South of Kenora. East Side of Lake
    Comprehensive Fish Camp with full service Bait Shop/Resturant/Marina for Guests only. Excellent Musky Fishing with little outside fishing pressure--because you can not get there.

LOTW Angle Inlet Resort Cabins Fishing is on your own (West Side of Lake of Woods)

LOTW Millie's Place in Morison, ONT East Side of Lake by Sysbogan Bay [Sic]. Cabins on Lake. Fishing is on your own

LOTW Sandy's Blackhawk Island Resort (West Side of Lake of Woods) If you call'em, I am sure he can work something out especially if you are targeting musky in Late August-September-October. Make sure you get on the phone now and talk to him, they book early for the entire year.

Lake Vermillion, MN Has lots of Resorts and Cabins for Rent (Period as specified by you). Everything usually shuts down after the 2nd week in October...unless you stay in Tower in Motel. Big Lake, lots of structure, gets hit hard at night in August. Fishing in October is awesome !.

Hayward Lakes Area Hayward, WS. Lots of Lakes to Fish all around town--full of fish, just not as big as the ones in Canada. Resorts, Cabins Everywhere. Recommend Spider Lake Chain Big & Little Round Lake, Day Lake, Hayward Lakes Stay away from the allure of the Big Chip, suckers alot of anglers into thinking it's an easy lake to fish.... You need a guide everyday due to the complexity of the lake.

Merrit Resovoir. Merrit Trading Post Owner will always work with you.... Best Fishing is last week in May to 2nd Week in June and then again in Late September/October.

Pome De Ter [Sic] in Missouri. September and October. Fish are all Tigers, but no one fishes for them and you can usually raise 5-6 daily. Been three years since I have fished it--so it could have changed with all the rain and goffy weather.

Do'nt give up. A WED to WED sounds perfect to miss all the fishing presure that is usually found the last three days of any given trip.

Wish I could go. Right Now. Just mowed the Grass...It Sucked ! Wife is nagging at me to take the Trash out...Like to backup to boat and just leave.

Thanks

DEM and Craig
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try to contact all camps listed.

If anyone else knows the camp on LOTW owned by Nebraskans that Craig is referring to I'd love to contact them. Keep it in the family, so to speak.

Thanks!

Thanks

I don't know which lodge is owned by Nebraskans.

However, please let us know which camps can accommodate midweek to midweek groups for future knowledge. Also let us know which one you decide to go with!

Thanks

The lodge I stay at every year on Vermilion. vdl.com

Thanks

I e-mailed every camp listed. One bounced back undeliverable and one camp replied. Mylie's Place on LOTW sounded like they would be willing to work with us. I'll keep in touch with them. Nobody else responded. In their defense, however, they are all probably trying to get everything ready for the season.

Staying at a fish camp all summer sounds like a lot of fun. Running a fish camp all summer sounds like a lot of work.

I'll let you know what we do and if anyone comes home with a record muskie.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Thanks

Ice went out 8 April 2012. Most of the outfitters I listed--if not all-- are well established resorts with stable client base and tend never to respond to e-mails. At least this has been my experience. All the website's list their contact numbers, please call them if you are seriously considering their services. Most of us from Northern Wisconson-Minnesota-North Dakota, trust nothing on the Internet when it comes to fishing or hunting up North....we have all learned the hard way.

Thanks

Sounds like you are set on LOW. If you are open to Vermilion call Ed at Vermilion Dam Lodge. VDL.com .. I know he can take care of you if there is availability. People are always coming and going midweek when I am up there every year. Amazing lake. Good luck.