Thread: any takers?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default any takers?

thinking about taking the yak to BO or somewhere tommorrow. any fellow yakkers interested in tagging along?
    "I have the impression the American sportsman is puzzled; he doesn't understand what is happening to him. Bigger and better gadgets are good for industry so why not outdoor recreation? It has not dawned on him that outdoor recreations are essentially primitive, atavistic; that their value is a contrast value; that excessive mechanization destroys contrasts by moving the factory to the woods or to the marsh." -Aldo Leopold

NEFGA Sponsor!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,822 Times in 814 Posts
    Blog Entries

If I lived closer it would be a no brainer. Wish we could join up with you DarkArcher! Will be fishing in a cat tournament in the morning. Hope the kayak doesn't get blown ashore! Bringing along three anchors tomorrow for the brisk winds. Ready to do some catfishin from the yak!
    "When a fish bites, a primordial jolt shoots along your nerves, stirring a bundle of dark, dusky ganglia deep within your predatory brain."
    North American Fisherman-Feb 2006
    Kayakjak
    kayakjak.com is a paid NEFGA sponsor

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kayakjak For This Useful Post:

thedarkarcher (04-07-2012)

Thanks

yeah i never check this section of the forum so i definately would have gone with ya if i would have known. Hey DA would you mind telling me how you attached your gopro camera to your yak? did you fit a tube into the drain outlet in the back?
    ~Justin Smidt~

Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

i bought a telescoping painters pole and mounted the camera on with the 'handlebar' mount. then i put it in one of the built rod holders. i cut a coozie in half and slid the halves on the end of the pole so that it stays tight in the rod holder. it's a very simple setup and thus works very well. i am pry gonna fish somewhere this evening in the yak. hit me up, if you wanna meet somewhere.
    "I have the impression the American sportsman is puzzled; he doesn't understand what is happening to him. Bigger and better gadgets are good for industry so why not outdoor recreation? It has not dawned on him that outdoor recreations are essentially primitive, atavistic; that their value is a contrast value; that excessive mechanization destroys contrasts by moving the factory to the woods or to the marsh." -Aldo Leopold