Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tim Miles is next NU basketball coach

Director
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,771 Times in 923 Posts
    Blog Entries

Underwhelming hire in my book. He has 4- 20 win seasons in 17 yrs of coaching. Hopefully he can get some of the in state talent to stick around and play for NE. Although I'm not sure that equates to wins.

Bad deal with Joba. I would be shocked if he made it back this year. This will also screw up his rehab for his elbow.
    Lidičky j� m�m r�d pivo!

Thanks

Joba is going to be off his ankle for 9-10 months I am hearing. That probably means Joba gains 150 pouns in the next year...bad deal!

Troy

Thanks
    Thanked 6,128 Times in 3,324 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmn515 View Post
    Joba is going to be off his ankle for 9-10 months I am hearing. That probably means Joba gains 150 pouns in the next year...bad deal!

Troy
    Heard the same thing from.... Curt Schilling. Not sure if that is his WISH, or if it really was from his "past experience".

His "bash" on the Yanks Office accepting the incident as being "unfortunate" and NOT bashing Joba for PLAYING WITH HIS KID was disgusting, at best.

It's not like Joba was doing wheelies on his motorcycle at 50 MPH...

Harold F.
    "If I had a picture, I wouldn't have given you 1,000 words..." OBG

"Perhaps a better way of measuring wealth is by
    the number of unique experiences you have had..." Esther Dyson

These are OUR FISHERIES! Report All Violations!
    ...........................1-800-742-SNAP

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Harold For This Useful Post:

gwhunter (03-24-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nedyarb View Post
    Looks like NU found their new coach. Personally I like the choice. Supposedly he is a darn good recruiter! Hopefully for Husker fans he can win a few games in the Big 10.
    Excellent hire I completely agree. He schedules good non-conference teams each year to play. Had a very high RPI this year and his players seem to really love playing for him. Hope it translates here.

I find it funny ,Nebyarb, that in the Doug McDermott forum post you dogged Miles, his nebraska in state recruits and the whole CSU basketball program but now you're all about him? Seems strange. The man hasn't changed in the past few weeks. Oh wait, he did, he because a coach of a tournament team, something no Nebraska coach can say since Nee left town.
    "Where's the booze?"
    "I just got robbed by a little old lady on a motorized cart...and I didn't even see it comin!"

Thanks

Good luck to him. Don't expect much for 2 years, the cupboard is pretty bare right now. Once he rids himself of all of the "Doc" players, and gets his own recruits in the system then we'll see. Let's see if he can come up with someone of a little higher caliber than Mike Fox, or the guy from Germany, or the guy from Brazil, or the guy from Puerto Rico, or this JUCO player from Bosnia Doc had lined up to receive a free college education...........

Thanks

He seems to have a sense of humor which he will probably need.
    The wolf is always at the door.

Thanks

This is a good hire. The best NU could have hoped for in my opinion. He has the energy and know-how to get this done.

Thanks

Kinda like the hire. Without rehashing too much, good recruiter, passion, sense of humor, rebuilding skills, a basketball plan, all things he'll need. The whole search thing to me was an eye opener as far as what a tough job NU hoops really is. Just from what we read and we really have no other sources, if Greg Marshall Wich St coach turned it down and John Groce at Ohio showed no interest, who btw now rumored to be an Illinois candidate, deja vu Bill Self, WOW thats saying something about what a tough gig Nebrasketball is. That those two guys wouldn't leave mid-majors for double their salary to coach in the B1G conf?

Vikes you ave disgruntled Gopher fans over Tubby? Why is everybody always wanting to get rid of Tubby? Kentucky couldn't get him out the door fast enough once he couldn't win another Nat'l Championship. And now Minny has fans grumbling?

Hey Harold I'm a Joba fan current uni notwithstanding from his whole story growing up playing for Nebraska etc... but I couldn't help but wonder after this latest episode, would all this mis-managment errrr "bad luck" of his pro career happened had he been able to wear a Dodger uniform????

Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huntges11 View Post
    Vikes you ave disgruntled Gopher fans over Tubby? Why is everybody always wanting to get rid of Tubby? Kentucky couldn't get him out the door fast enough once he couldn't win another Nat'l Championship. And now Minny has fans grumbling?
    Oh yeah, some can't wait to bring in another guy. His "highly touted" early recruiting classes have not panned out quite the way everyone hoped for...be it guys leaving (Royce White, Devoe Joesph, Justin Cobbs, Paul Carter etc...) guys just not improving year to year (Ralph Sampson III, Colton Iverson...who ended up transfering to CSU) to very key guys getting hurt (Al Nolen and Trevor Mbakwe). There seems to be more and more people that have the ability to outcoach Tubby from their couch cushions. However, I am not in that group. So far, Tubby has not ran into NCAA problems...which after the Clem Haskins debacle that crippled Gopher Basketball for almost a decade shouldn't be forgotten, and has a very good young core of guards and small forwards that got a bunch of playing time this season, and return Mo Walker who blew his knee out in 2010, and Trevor Mbakwe was granted a 6th year of eligibility last week to man the 4 and 5 spots, along with that kid from Nebraska, Elliot Elliason. I think Tubby may have taken some chances on questionable kids early, just to get more talent on the roster, but now has a very decent roster that hopefully will be able to contend for 4th or 5th next season...or maybe even better.
    Last edited by Vikes forever; 03-26-2012 at 02:38 PM.
    "Hey lizard, am I standing in poop?"

Thanks

Hey Harold I'm a Joba fan current uni notwithstanding from his whole story growing up playing for Nebraska etc... but I couldn't help but wonder after this latest episode, would all this mis-managment errrr "bad luck" of his pro career happened had he been able to wear a Dodger uniform????
    Ha! I suspect Schilling woulda had a different "take" on the incident, for sure. But being that close to "home", I'm thimkin' LA would have given him many more opportunities to "play with his son" and who knows how many more mishaps/injuries he woulda had!

Hmmmmmmm. He likely coulda been ROOKIE OF THE YEAR! (Snicker)

Harold F.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Ha! I suspect Schilling woulda had a different "take" on the incident, for sure. But being that close to "home", I'm thimkin' LA would have given him many more opportunities to "play with his son" and who knows how many more mishaps/injuries he woulda had!

Hmmmmmmm. He likely coulda been ROOKIE OF THE YEAR! (Snicker)

Harold F.
    Hey I'm just saying Joba had quite the uplifting story funny how it all changed when he went to the Dark Side.
    Yes LA had quite run of NL ROY's glad you mentioned it!

1:54 am what in the world....... couldn't stop pouring over Yankme s/s spring stats?????

Thanks

1:54 am what in the world....... couldn't stop pouring over Yankme s/s spring stats?????
    Naw, just a good time to get some stuff done without the BLASTED PHONE RINGING!

Harold F.

Thanks

Good choice

Thanks

Default Miles

He will be a good recruiter

Thanks

He has connections

Thanks

I wish him well

Thanks

I hope he can turn the program around