Thread: Remington 700 ADL VS Remington SPS

Thanks

Default Remington 700 ADL VS Remington SPS

I am looking at purchasing a new rifle and I want to know what the difference is between the Remington 700 ADL and the Remington SPS. There is about $30 difference in price at Cabela's, but other than that, can anybody let me know what the difference is. I am looking at getting a .270

Thanks

I think the SPS is replacing the ADL.

From what I can gather, it's pretty much the same rifle, but the ADL might have a bit nicer metal finish.

Either one will do what you need it to do.
    He's so slick that he can steal the shortnin' right out of the biscuit.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kidney For This Useful Post:

RRink (09-17-2010)

Thanks

Thanks.. I plan on buying one or the other this weekend. I will have to look at both to decide which one. Thanks again for the response.

Thanks

I'd go with the sps model over the adl, reason is because with the sps you have a drop away floor plate to empty the shells out of the internal magazine, the adl has no floor plate so to empty out the gun you have to use the bolt and shove each shell into the chamber.

Thanks

RRink, I have a Rem 700 SPS 30-06 camo synthetic stalk and stainless. I have only shot one box of shells (20) out of it. I bought it brand new 3 years ago, thinking I would start deer hunting. That never happened and I hated shooting w/ a scope the one and only time I took it out. I have been debating for a few months if I really want to get rid of it. I am ready and haven't posted it anywhere yet. I actually posted my a quetion on here a few mins after you posted this thread. I was asking if I needed to have any paperwork filled out when selling a deer rifle. Saw your post and what hey??? Send me a pm if you maybe interested.
    Keep on , Fishin on!!!!