PDA

View Full Version : Lake Whitney

Fishingnerd33
03-28-2007, 02:13 PM
Has anyone ever been to Lake Whitney between Crawford & Chadron? I'm wanting to get in on some early season walleye, but don't want to drive 4 hours one way to do that. I've heard there are 'eyes in Whitney, but never been there and I'm needing some advice.

Sorny
03-28-2007, 02:31 PM
Chartruse Mr. Twisters on the rocks. The walleyes started there a week and a half ago. But I'm sure they will still be bitting. It is a very hit or miss lake. One day it can be a quick limit with awesome fishing and the next it's like the dead sea. Don't let it frustrate you and keep fishing, it will pay off.
Sorny

Fishingnerd33
03-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Chartruse Mr. Twisters on the rocks. The walleyes started there a week and a half ago. But I'm sure they will still be bitting. It is a very hit or miss lake. One day it can be a quick limit with awesome fishing and the next it's like the dead sea. Don't let it frustrate you and keep fishing, it will pay off.
Sorny

Thanks, I'll have to hit that baby up this weekend...maybe tomorrow. :eusa_think:

alliance bait-man
03-28-2007, 05:21 PM
yes thye walleye and crappie are hitting at whitney as have been selling minnows & crawlers here in alliance to the guys that have been to whitney
bob

AnglerX
03-28-2007, 05:24 PM
I thought Whitney was private with limited access?

Sorny
03-28-2007, 05:27 PM
it is, but you can fish the entire northeast side of it which is a rocky dam. It is also the road. It is a better lake to fish with a boat though. But it can be done from the shore, and through the ice too:icefishing: